Ch.9: The Attic

Ashley gasped slightly, looking at Anna. It was like a light bulb went off in the redheads mind, and she got up, smashing a glass vase, taking a piece of glass to cut her arm with. "What are you doing?" Ashley whispered angrily. There was a loud bang outside the room, grabbing Ashley's attention. She opened the door to see the white man press two fingers to Sam's has, knocking him unconscious, while the other man punched Dean. The man said something to Dean before the place lit up. After it was over, Ashley remembered Anna, ripping off the bright yellow knit sweater she had, pressing it to Anna's cut. "I could use some help in here!" She yelled, her voice shaking a little. Dean burst in, seeing the blood. "Anna. Anna!" Dean lifted the sweater for a second to get a look at the wound before he pressed it back. "Are they -- are they gone?"
"Did you kill them?" "No. I sent them away... far away." Anna told them. "You want to tell me how?" "That just popped in my head. I don't know how I did it. I just did it." Once she said that, everyone just began to clean up all the broken items around the cabin, not speaking at all. 

After everything was cleaned up, Anna slept in the back room while Ashley laid down on the couch, closing her eyes. "So, what do you think?" Dean whispered. "I think Anna's getting more interesting by the second." Sam answered. "Yeah, I agree. And what did they mean by 'she's not innocent'?" Ashley asked, turning around. "What are you doing up? And how'd you hear that?" Dean replied. "I heard it with my ears." She sarcastically answered. "Go to sleep." Dean scolded her, causing her to turn around again to face the back of the couch again. "It seems like they want her bad, and not just 'cause of the angel radio thing. I mean, that blood spell -- Some serious crap, man." "Something's going on with her. See what you can find out."  "What are you gonna do?" Sam asked. "Anna may have sent the angels to the outfield, but, sooner or later, they're gonna be back. We got to get ourselves safe now."

Ashley walked into Bobby's house, tossing her bag on the ground while walking to the kitchen. "Have you seen Bobby?" Dean asked, also walking into kitchen. When he reached for her bag of pretzels, she snapped it out of his reach. "No. He's in the Dominican." She said. "What? There's no way-" He was cut off by Ashley handing him the note she found taped to the fridge handle. 'Went to the Dominican. Break anything, you buy it. Be back soon. -Bobby.' He sighed, slapping the note back on the counter. "Is there any food?" He whined "I dunno. Look." Ashley said as she ate another pretzel. 

"How's the car?" Dean questioned, making Ashley roll her eyes slightly. That boy and his car. "I got her. She's fine. Where's Bobby?"  "Uh, The Dominican. He said we break anything, we buy it."  "He's working a job?"  "God, I hope so. Otherwise, he's at hedonism in a banana hammock and a trucker cap." Ashley frowned at the image. "Now that's seared in my brain." Sam whined. "All right, what did you find on Anna?"  "Uh, not much. Her parents were, uh, Rich and Amy Milton -- a church deacon and a housewife." I would literally shoot myself if I had to live that life. "Riveting."  "Yeah. But there is something here in the report. Turns out this latest psych episode wasn't her first."  "No?"  "When she was 2 1/2, she'd get hysterical any time her dad got close. She was convinced that he wasn't her real daddy."  "Who was? The plumber, hmm? A little snaking the pipes?"  "Dude, you're confusing reality with porn again." "Again?" Ashley asked, but shook her head, "I don't wanna know."   "Anna didn't say. She just kept repeating that this real father of hers was mad. Very mad -- like wanted-to-kill-her mad." Sam continued. "Kind of heavy for a 2-year-old."  "Well, she saw a kid's shrink, got better, and grew up normal."  "Until now. So, what's she hiding?"  "Why don't you just ask me to my face?" Ashley's eyes grew wide as she turned around to face the petite redhead. "Nice job watching her." Dean snapped at the strange woman. "I'm watching her." She exacerbated. Before Dean could say anything, Sam spoke up, "No, you're right, Anna. Is there anything you want to tell us?"  "About what?"  "The angels said you were guilty of something. Why would they say that?"  "You tell me. Tell me why my life has been leveled... Why my parents are dead. I don't know. I swear. I would give anything to know."  "Okay. Then let's find out."  "How?"  "Well, first thing's first. Ashley, go upstairs."  "What? Why?"  Dean gave her a look, and she waited a few seconds before standing up and heading to the stairs. Ashley trudged up the stairs, going to the room she had been staying in. Just as she was about to head in the room, she looked up and saw the attic door. You don't need to go up there. She told herself, and walked into her room. She laid on her bed, bored out of her mind. Curiosity got the best of her, and she stood up, walking to the door to pull the string. She was careful to not make the stairs creak as she walked up them. She looked around, seeing piles of dusty books and scattered paper. One corner got her attention though. She walked closer, running her hand over it. "Beautiful, isn't she?" Ashley whipped around to look at Samantha. "Sorry, I was just curious, and-" "It's cool. You play?" Ashley looked to the shiny black piano, then back to Samantha. "A little." Samantha walked past Ashley and sat down on the long bench. Ashley slowly followed suit. "So," Ashley cleared her throat, "Whatcha doing here?" "My friend Pam called me. Said she's coming here, so I decided to visit." She shrugged. When they heard the front door open, Samantha quickly excused herself. Ashley soon heard squealing, which (thankfully) quickly ended. Ashley's fingers ran lightly over the keys, distracting her from all the talking she heard through the vents. 

Sorry if this sucks a little and if it's a little short. My wisdom teeth removal was postponed by a week, and also some kids tried to burn down my school, so I had 2 days off from school. I'm working on something I've been thinking about for the story recently, and it should be a bit of a tear jerker. It'll happen in a few chapters or so. I want it to happen soon, but not too soon, ya know? Anyways.....

Love ya, 

~Bo