Ch.16: Demon Detox

I listened as Sam screamed in the basement. My head was pounding and all I wanted to do was to leave, but Dean told me no. There's no one to watch over you. "How long is this gonna go on?" Dean asked as Bobby handed him a cup with whiskey in it. Might as well get me one too while you're at it. "Here, let me look it up in my demon-detox manual. Oh wait. No one ever wrote one. No telling how long it'll take. Hell, or if Sam will even live through it." The phone rang, interrupting anyone from speaking. "Hello. ...Suck dirt and die, Rufus. You call me again, I'll kill you." I almost choked on my saliva at how Bobby spoke to Rufus. "What's up with Rufus?" "He knows." The phone rang once again, "I'm busy, you son of a bitch. This better be important." "I'm going upstairs." I told Dean as I stood up. He nodded in reply, then downed what was left in his glass. I could still hear Sam's screaming, like he was only a few feet away instead of a few floors away. "There's a vent." I reminded myself as I walked to a huge vent near the,piano, pushing a thick suitcase in front of it. The sound almost completely disappeared and I sighed in relief. I grabbed my phone out of my pocket, dialing the only number I could think of. I waited, and with each ring, I grew more and more annoyed. "I know you're annoyed with me right now, but I need you. I really miss you..." Tears started to welt up in my eyes, and I took a deep breath, trying to calm myself down. "Just call me when you get this." I told him before I hung up. After I tossed my phone down, I pulled the couch that was up there to the window, sitting on it. I'm having visions, my father rose from Hell, literally, and my uncle is addicted to demon blood. How much more fun can this get? I looked as my father walked outside and started yelling to the sky. I couldn't hear what he was saying. My phone started to ring, tearing me away from Dean. "I'm not mad at you, I was just busy." Joseph said right when I answered my phone. "Where are you?" He then asked. "I'm at Bobby's house." "Why are you freaking out?" I walked over to the vent, carefully moving the suitcase. I held the phone by it for a few seconds before pressing it back to my ear, moving the suitcase back. "That. That is why." I said. "Who is that and why are they screaming bloody murder?" He asked. "It's Sam. I-" I sighed, "It's complicated." "I'm a few hours away. Want me to come by?" He asked, making me smile. "No. I'm good. I just have no other friends to talk too." "You sure?" I nodded, going back to my seat on the couch, "Yeah, I'm sure." I looked out of the window once again, watching Dean as he screamed.

I set my water on the ground, looking back out the window. Shock crossed my face when I saw Castiel. Me being the nosy person I am, I opened the window, listening in on their conversation. "Well, it's about time. I've been screaming myself hoarse out here for about two and a half hours now." "What do you want?" "You can start with what the hell happened in Illinois." What happened in Illinois? "What do you mean?" "Cut the crap. You were gonna tell me something." "Well, nothing of import." "You got ass-reamed in heaven but it was not of import?" "Dean, I can't. I'm sorry. Get to the reason you really called me. It's about Sam, right?" Castiel stayed silent. "Can he do it? Kill Lilith, stop the apocalypse?" "Possibly, yes. But as you know, he'd have to take certain steps." "Crank up the hell-blood regimen." "Consuming the amount of blood it would take to kill Lilith would change your brother forever. Most likely, he would become the next creature that you would feel compelled to kill. There's no reason this would have to come to pass, Dean. We believe it's you, Dean, not your brother. The only question for us is whether you're willing to accept it. Stand up and accept your role. You are the one who will stop it." Castiel said. "If I do this, Sammy doesn't have to?" I wouldn't trust him. Companion or not, he's an angel, and angels are asshats. "If it gives you comfort to see it that way." "God, you're a dick these days." Dean walked a few steps away and sighed. "Fine, I'm in." "You're dumb." I said to myself, but Castiel looked up at the window, looking me directly in the eyes for a split second before looking back at Dean. "You give yourself over wholly to the service of God and his angels?" "Yeah, exactly." "Say it." "Don't say it." I urged. "I give myself over wholly to serve God and you guys." "You swear to follow his will and his word as swiftly and obediently as you did your own father's?" "Yes, I swear. Now what?" I expected something big like an explosion or for someone to just drop dead, but Castiel calmly said, "Now you wait, and we call on you when it's time." Then he disappeared. I felt a presence behind me, so I turned around. "You shouldn't listen in on conversations that do not involve you." Castiel said. My mind went blank, and my mouth fell open as I tried to think of something to say. "This is not of your concern, yet. Do not interfere until you are told." "What do you mean by that?" I asked. He didn't say anything before he disappeared. I leaned back into the couch. A few minutes later, I heard someone pulling the attic ladder down. "You're still up here? It's been all day." Dean pointed out as he walked over to me, sitting to the right of me. "Well it's quiet." I pointed out. "It's been quiet for a few hours. Sam's been asleep." "You and Bobby are super loud too, ya know." I pointed out. He was about to reply in defense, but stopped, "How about we get outta here and get food? I know this great place nearby." "Sounds great. I'm starving." I smiled as I stood up. "When are you not?" I opened my mouth to defend myself, but quickly shut it and shrugged, "True."

Dean and I walked into Bobby's house to find him at his desk. "What's up?" Dean asked when he saw Bobby's furious face. There was a red mark on his face to compliment his anger. "Sam got out." He gruffly said, standing up. Dean waited a second before racing downstairs to the basement. "Son of a bitch!" We heard him yell as we walked down the wooden stairs. Dean opened the iron door, "How the hell did he get out?" He asked. "Maybe he had help. Room full of busted devil's traps." Bobby said. "Demons? Ruby." "That'd be my guess." "How did she even touch the door?" "You think she's got the mojo?" "I didn't think so. I don't know, man." "What difference does it make? How he got gone ain't as important as where he got gone to." "Well, I'll tell you one thing. At this point I hope he's with Ruby." "Why?" I asked. I thought he hates her. "'Cause killing her's the next big item on my to-do list." Theeerrreee it is. "I thought you were on call for angel duty." "I am on call. In my car, on my way to murder the bitch." He said as he left to go upstairs. "One thing." Bobby said, walking after him. "What?" "Sam don't wanna be found, which means he's gonna be damn near impossible to find." "Yeah, we'll see." Bobby shook his head as he walked up the stairs. I took a look at the panic room before also walking to the stairs. I started to make my way up the stairs, but stopped. I looked back down at panic room and I had a strong feeling in my gut. Ignoring my father and Bobby argue, I started to make my way back down the stairs. I shook my head, walking back up stairs. "Hey, Ashley. I'll be back soon. I'll text you." Dean said as he zoomed past me with a bag and was out the door. I tried to shake the odd feeling off, and headed for my room.

The next morning, I woke up to Dean and Bobby fighting. I slowly picked out some clothes for the day, then went to take a shower. The two were still fighting when I got out. I walked out of the bathroom, throwing my old clothes in my room before walking downstairs. "Seriously, give it a rest!" I yelled over them as I passed them. They momentarily stopped until I was in the kitchen, then continued. "Headaches. They give me headaches." I said to myself as I got myself a cup of coffee. All night I couldn't shake the feeling about the panic room. I finally gave in, walking downstairs. I took a deep breath before walking in the panic room. Nothing. I stood there for a few minutes before I began to walk out. I stopped last minute, looking at the book I left down here from the last time I was down here. "I've been looking for this." I muttered to myself, reaching to grab it. Once I laid my hand on it, my vision began.

Castiel stood in the corner of the panic room, surrounded by dozens of broken devil's traps. He just stood there, looking at Sam, who was strapped to the bed. He looked to the table, and grabbed my book, looking at it for a second before putting it back down. I watched as he waved his hand, freeing Sam from his binds.

I ran up the stairs, heading to where I heard yelling. "You sound like a whiny brat. No, you sound like your dad. Well, let me tell you something. Your dad was a coward." Bobby said. I stopped when I got to the entrance of the living room. Should I interrupt them? "My dad was a lot of things, Bobby, but a coward?" "He'd rather push Sam away than reach out to him. Well, that don't strike me as brave. You are a better man than your daddy ever was. So you do both of us a favor. Don't be him." Dean turned around at Bobby's words. Bobby seemed to sense my presence, and turned around. "Whatcha need, kid?" He asked me. My mouth gaped like a fish as I looked down at the book. "I-I know who let Sam out." I finally said. Dean turned around, "Who?" "It was-" I stopped when I saw the room change.

Happy new years!!! You know what they say:

New year, new chapter!!!!!!!!!!

Vote, comment, message me, anything :)

I'll be writing a lot(ish) more since I officially have no friends anymore, other than my teammates.

~Bo