Ch.25:The True Meaning Of Christmas

Just for you, Rarestrose3 ;)

"Have yourself a merry little Christmas-" The radio sang, making me cringe on the inside. "Tell me again why I have to do this." I whispered to Dean. He looked up for a split second before looking back down at the ornaments in his hands. "Ask Bobby. If it were up to me, there would be no decking the halls with jolly or whatever." "It's holly, not jolly." Sam butted in, showing up to the first time in half an hour. Dean and I burst out laughing at the sight of his sweater. "Shut up. Yours is no better." I looked down at my sweater before looking back up, "Mine's just a snowman, Rudolph." He muttered something just as Bobby wheeled in, "Shut up and get your hot chocolate." We all carefully set the ornaments in our hands down before walking over to Bobby, grabbing hot chocolate. "Thanks." We all muttered before taking a sip. "Okay, breaks over. Get back to work. Boys, go hang the lights on the porch." He orders after a split second. Sam and Dean groaned as they walked out. Just as they were walking out, Sami came in with her arms full of shopping bags. "Got the food." She said. "Ashley, go help her put the stuff away." I nodded, grabbing some of the bags from her arms. Once we were in the kitchen, I began to speak, "Your father is a heartless wench." She burst out laughing. "Yeah, he gets a bit crazy about the holidays." "A bit? He's basically Glenn Close." She looked at me, "You've been around Dean way too much." "I can hear you, ya brat!" Bobby yelled from the other room, making my eyes widen. "You're gonna be in so much trouble." Sami said, laughing. After we got done putting the stuff away, it probably 11 at night. "Everyone, go to bed. Right now." Bobby ordered, making me sigh in relief. He's been on our asses for hours, getting ready for Christmas tomorrow.

"Merry Kwanzaa." I announced, walking into the living room. "What?" I asked in defense when they gave me weird looks. "It's not Kwanzaa. It's Christmas." Cas said. Typical Cas. "Alright. Present time. Sami." Bobby said, getting her attention. "The presents." She grabbed one, trying read the tags on them, but I went and grabbed them from her when she brought them an inch to her face, squinting. "Maybe you're getting glasses for Christmas." I joked as I tossed the present to Sam, making her glare at me. I tossed one to Sam, Bobby, and Cas, then put one aside for me. When I came across one for Sami, I smirked as I walked over to her, placing it in her hand in a jokefully demeaning way. "Shut up, you brats." She said as Dean and I snickered. "Okay, that's enough. Now open them!" Bobby said forcefully. I carefully unwrapped the paper to reveal a leather roll up pencil case. "I'm the one that got that for you!" Sami basically shouted. "Inside voice, Samantha." Bobby barked. She just rolled her eyes. "I like it. Thank you." I told her, giving her a smile.

"Okay, okay, okay." Sami said quickly, standing up. We all quieted down, looking at her. "Since it's Christmas, and it's suppose to be all chick flick moments, I guess this is just me saying I... don't hate all of you... most of the time. So merry Christmas." She said before sitting back down. "Merry Christmas." We all said before digging into the food Sami cook. "This is so good." I moaned, shoving more ham into my mouth. "I know, right?" Dean agreed, doing the same. Sam just shook his head.

I was playing the piano, listening to the people talk in the living room. "Pianists." Dean muttered while he giggled as he entered the attic. I stopped playing, looking at him. "What's up?" "Just decided to keep you company." He said, sitting next to me on the bench. I hesitantly began to play again, grimacing occasionally when I hit the wrong note. "I'm glad you're not a brat all the time." He said after a few minutes. I looked up at him, "Is this your way of telling me you love me?" I playfully mocked, smiling. He nudged my shoulder, "Shut up. Brat." He quickly added, smiling. "Loser." I said back. "Guys! Pie!" Sam yelled up the stairs. Before I could blink, Dean was running down the stairs. I quickly followed him. "Hurry up. I'm gonna start the movie." Bobby yelled. We all grabbed our pie, going to the living room. I sat on the couch, Sami on the ground, in front of my legs, Dean to my right, then Sam on the other side of him. Bobby was in his chair, next to Sam. After we finished our pie, I found myself braiding Sami's hair while watching Unaccompanied Minors. "Are you out of your juice drinking minds?" The guy yelled. "Bobby, I thought we agreed no pictures!" Dean whined, making me look up to see Bobby with a camera in his hand. "I'm an old man in a wheelchair. Let me have my numerous amount of pictures in peace." He said, making me and Sami laugh.

I looked around the open space I was in, seeing probably 3 or 4 inches on the snow. The lake was frozen over and I could see my breath in the cold. "I never really liked the snow, because cold had never been my thing." I looked around to see a ginger man. "Satan?" "You know, I never understood why people call me that when I have a name?" He took a deep breath, calming himself. "You Winchesters have something special about you. But some more than others." "What are you going on about?" I asked as I crossed my arms, glaring slightly. "Sam and Dean are just vessels. But you? You're something special." "Why? Because I'm psychic or whatever? Yeah. Real special." I scoffed, rolling my eyes. "You still haven't figured it out, have you?" He smirked. "Figured out what?" He said nothing as he walked closer to me. "What are you doing?" I freaked as he reached up, going to touch my head. "I'm showing you something." He said, placing his fingers on my head.

I watched a young teen Lucifer sit in isolation, playing a beautiful gold and gem encrusted harp. The sound coming off of it was absolutely beautiful. One gem in particular caught my eye. It was green with the slightest hint of blue. It was the biggest gem of all. I was entranced by the glow of it. With each note that Lucifer played, the glow seemed to become brighter. Suddenly a man slightly older than Lucifer barged in, anger on his face. Lucifer, in shock, stood up, knocking over his harp. I watched as it slowly fell, shattering when it hit the ground. As the thing broke, I watched the gem fall completely out of the harp. As a last attempt to stay in heaven, Lucifer grabbed onto anything within reach, only finding the gem before he was falling through the air. Michael had thrown him out of heaven. I watched as tears slipped down his face as he hit the ground. I watched him cry for probably 20 minutes, his knees tucked into his chest. He finally stopped, looking up with a demonic look in his eyes. As he stood up, his face got angrier and angrier, his hand clenching on the gem. "You're going to regret this!" He screamed towards heaven, his body shaking in anger. He took one look at the gem in his hand before throwing it as far as he could. "Screw you!"

My eyes flipped open, tears filling them. "The jewel was lost until now. It's time to pick a side. Mine or Michael's. And hurry. This fight is coming. Soon." He said before disappearing from my dream.