Ch.18: Demons

I woke up to Dean poking at me. "Shut up." I groaned, pulling the blanket over my head. "Get up." He ripped the blanket from my hands. After Castiel had exploded, everything stopped. No shaking, no lights, nothing. So I decided to drink, which I'm never doing again. I slowly sat up, glaring at Dean for waking me up. "What do you want?" I asked harshly, rubbing my head, trying to soothe the pounding. He didn't answer, but walked out of the room. I took the hint, walking after him. "So...you're okay?" I heard Chuck ask. "Well, my head hurts." Sam replied "No, I mean-I mean, my-my last vision." He stuttered, "You went, like, full-on Vader. Your body temperature was one-fifty. Your heart rate was two hundred. Your eyes were black."  "Your eyes went black?" Sam looked at Dean, "I didn't know."  "Where's Cas?" Dean asked, making me look down. "He's dead. Or gone. The archangel smote the crap out of him. I'm sorry."  "You're sure? I mean, maybe he just vanished into the light or something."  "Oh, no. He, like, exploded."  "Like a water balloon of chunky soup." I described. "You got a-" Sam motioned to his ear. "Uh...right here?" Chuck asked, pointing to the wrong side of his head. After a minute, Chuck finally felt what Sam was pointing at, "Oh. Oh, god. Is that a molar? Do I have a molar in my hair? This has been a really stressful day."  "You're telling me." I muttered. "Cas, you stupid bastard."  "Stupid? He was trying to help us."  "Yeah, exactly."  "So, what now?"  "Food." I suggested. "Oh, crap." Chuck said. "What now?" I asked, rolling my eyes. "I can feel them."  "Thought we'd find you here." We all turned around to find Zachariah along with two other angels. "Playtime's over, Dean. Time to come with us. You too, Ashley."  "You just keep your distance, asshat." Dean said he walked backwards, acting as a human shield between Zachariah and me. "You're upset."  "Yeah. A little. You sons of bitches jump-started judgment day!"  "Maybe we let it happen. We didn't start anything."  "You seriously sound like a douche right now." I said, but the angel-douche ignored me. "Right, Sammy?" He winked. "You had a chance to stop your brother, and you couldn't. So let's not quibble over who started what. Let's just say it was all our faults and move on. 'Cause like it or not it's Apocalypse Now. And we're back on the same team again." He smiled his creepy smile again, "Is that so?"  "You want to kill the devil. We want you to kill the devil. It's...synergy."  "And I'm just supposed to trust you?"  "Cram it with walnuts, ugly."  "This isn't a game, son."  "Lucifer is powerful in ways that defy description. We need to strike now, hard and fast-before he finds his vessel."  "His vessel? Lucifer needs a meat suit?" I asked. "He is an angel. Them's the rules." He said like I were dumb. "And when he touches down, we're talking Four Horsemen, red oceans, fiery skies the greatest hits. You can stop him, Dean, but you need our help."  "You listen to me, you two-faced douche. After what you did, I don't want jack squat from you!" Dean yelled. "You listen to me, boy! You think you can rebel against us? As Lucifer did?" Did he really just call Dean, Satan? "You're bleeding." Zachariah finally noticed. "Oh, yeah. A little insurance policy in case you dicks showed up." Dean slapped his bloody hand on the angel banishing sigil. We heard one final yell from him before him and his minions disappeared. "Learned that from my friend Cas, you son of a bitch." I heard Dean mutter. "This sucks ass."  "Nooo. Really?" Sarcasm was laced in my voice.

"Hey." Me and Dean both greet Sam. "Hey." He says as he closes the motel door, pulling something out of his shirt and tossing it to Dean. "Here. Hex bags. No way the angels will find us with those. Demons, either, for that matter."  "Where'd you get it?" I asked as I caught the one he tossed me. "I made it."  "How?" Dean asked. "I..." Sam hesitated, making me and Dean look up at him, "I learned it from Ruby."  "Speaking of, How you doing? Are you jonesing for another hit of bitch blood or what?"  "I-it's weird. Uh, tell you the truth, I'm fine. No shakes, no fever. It's like whoever...put me on that plane cleaned me right up."  "Supernatural methadone." Dean said. "Yeah, I guess. Dean-"  "Sam." I could tell this was gonna be an awkward bro-mance moment, so I looked back at the TV and started to channel surf. "It's okay. You don't have to say anything."  "Well, that's good. Because what can I even say? I'm sorry? I screwed up? Doesn't really do it justice, you know? Look, there's nothing I can do or say that will ever make this right-"  "So why do you keep bringing it up?!" I heard Sam sigh. "Look, all I'm saying is, why do we have to put this under a microscope? We made a mess. We clean it up. That's it. All right, so, say this is just any other hunt. You know? What do we do first?" Dean asked. "We'd, uh, figure out where the thing is."  "All right. So we just got to find...the devil."  "That doesn't sound crazy at all." I said. I saw both of them look at me for a moment. "I'll start researching." Sam said.