Ch.31: Showdown At High Noon

The pain throughout my body made me wince as I regained consciousness. My eyes were covered by cloth and I was tried to a chair "Ah. You're awake. I was afraid you were gonna miss the fight."  "Where am I?" I asked Lucifer. "Chicago." He told me before ripping the cloth from my eyes. "Ow." I snapped when my hair was ripped from my head when he pulled the blindfold off. "Why am I here?" I demanded. "Michael's coming after me." He vaguely said as he circled around to face me. "And I need a power boost." He said as he roughly grabbed my throat. My breathing immediately became shallow. "You see, I can tap your power. It just hurts. For you. Not for me." I could barely hear him over the sound of my heart beating in my ears. The pain in my body began to intensify as I gasped for air. "For me, this feels... amazing. All that pain you feel? That's me ripping... all the power from you, just so I can have it." When he let go of my throat, he pushed my head back as I coughed. "And you know what I'm gonna do first with your-... my power?" He asked. "I'm gonna walk straight to your father. Your uncle. And that boy you fancy... and I'm gonna rip their throats out." He smiled sickly at me. "You can't! I won't let you!" I yelled. "Look where you are, sweetheart. You can't do anything." I couldn't think of anything to say, so I spit at him. My saliva landed right on his face. He slowly wiped it off before looking at me, fury in his eyes. He didn't waist any time swinging his fist at me. I flew back in my chair, which broke from the impact. I barely had time to register him as he kicked me in my stomach. After he kicked me a few times, he leaned down, grabbing me by my collar. He lifted me up slightly, making me look at him. "You Winchesters need to learn your place." He said before letting go of me. He disappeared, leaving me in the dark room by myself. All the pain left me whimpering to myself in the dark.

I clenched my eyes shut at the sudden exposure of light. "Ashley?" I heard multiple people call out, "What do you want with her?"  "No one dicks with Michael but me." I heard Lucifer say before he snapped, causing Cas to explode. "No!" I called out, trying to stand up and ignore all the throbbing pain, but ended up dropping to my knees. "Sammy, can you hear me?" Dean asked. "You know... I tried to be nice... for Sammy's sake. But you... are such a pain... in my ass. I want you to see this, Dean." Lucifer said before looking at me. "You Winchesters always end up in the middle of things. And you know... all of my power, God put in this beautiful harp. But when I was kicked to the curb, so was the harp. And my powers... The powers I deserve... we're hidden. But I found them." He smiled, holding his hand up. I felt life leave my body. "What are you doing?" Dean yelled just before I fell to my side. Lucifer dropped his hand, before walking away, throwing Dean onto the Impala. Bobby began to shoot at him. Joey quickly ran to me, dropping to his knees. "Ash." He muttered. "I'm good." I said weakly. "Noooo!" We heard Dean yell, making us look to see Bobby on the ground with his head twisted around. Joey looked me in the eyes, "I love you." He said before running towards them as Lucifer pulled Dean off the hood of the impala. Lucifer began hitting Dean repeatedly, making Joey raise his gun. Before he even had a chance to fire his gun, Lucifer snapped him out of existence. My breath caught in my throat as I looked at where he was. I tried to fight the sobs, Be strong, Ashley. "Sam, it's okay. It's okay. I'm here. I'm here. I'm not gonna leave you." My father's voice brought me back to reality. I looked to see Dean clutching onto Lucifer/Sam, his face was swollen and bloody. "I'm not gonna leave you." Dean said between punchs. "No!" I yelled, stumbling to my feet as Lucifer pulled his fist back, making him stop. "Sam, you can do this. You have to do this!" I barked, but nothing changed. Lucifer just drew his hand back slightly more. Wait. If I'm his power, then I control him. Control him, Ashley! Hurry! I took a step forward, using all the energy I had left to raise my hand towards him, doing the same thing he did to me. After a few seconds, he unclenched his fist, letting go of Dean, who toppled to the ground. "It's okay, Dean. It's gonna be okay. I've got him." Sam said, taking out the Horsemen's rings and I dropped my hand. I quickly ran to Dean as Sam tossed them on the ground, "Bvtmon tabges babalon." He recited, causing the ground to turn into a black hole, whipping my hair back and forth. Sam breathed deeply as he looked at us. "Sam! It's not gonna end this way! Step back!" Michael yelled. "You're gonna have to make me!" Sam yelled back. There's the Winchester way. "I have to fight my brother, Sam! Here and now! It's my destiny!" Michael yelled. Sam gave us a look before closing his eyes, spreading his arms out wide. Deans breathing got harder and he grabbed onto my sleeve. "Sammy." I heard him whisper. I looked at him from the corner of my eye, but when I saw him starting to cry, I looked back at the scene in front of us. Michael lunged forward to try and grab Sam from falling in the hole, but failed as they fell in together. The ground closed up behind them and Deans grip finally eased up on my sleeve. I stood up, lending my hand to Dean. He looked at it, but decided to ignore it. "Cas, you're alive?" I heard him ask, and I turned around to see Cas. "I'm better than that." He said, touching Dean on the forehead, making his face go back to normal. "Cas, are you God?" Dean asked after Cas had fixed me and I looked around the area. "That's a nice compliment. But no. Although, I do believe he brought me back. New and improved." He said. I turned around to see Bobby standing up. "Where's Joseph?" Castiel just gave me a blank stare. "Where. Is. Joseph?" I yelled, tears beginning to fill my eyes. "Ashley, I don't think that he's-" Bobby started to say after a few seconds, but was cut off. "I'm over here!" I looked behind me to see Joseph standing up from behind the Impala. I ran at him, basically tackling him. My arms wrapped around his neck, and he wrapped his arms around my waist, nuzzling his face in the nape of my neck. "I was going to kill you if you'd've stayed dead."  "So you were gonna resurrect me just to kill me again? Bitchy." He murmered, before letting go of my waist. After he stood up all the way, he softly grabbed my face, kissing me half soft/half rough. "Hey! No PDA!" I heard Dean yell at us, making us part. "I'm glad I'm alive to do that again." He smirked. "Ashley, you're coming with me!" Dean yelled, "We're leaving! Now!" I kissed Joey again before getting in the Impala. "It couldn't wait for a few minutes?" I rhetorically asked Dean. Dean just started the car, peeling out of the cemetery.

"Why were you there?" Dean asked, his voice cold and angry. "Because I was kidnapped by Satan himself?" I gave Dean an annoyed look. "Did you know?" He basically yelled. "Yeah." I shrugged. "Of course you did." He scoffed before muttering, "Idiot."  "Excuse me?" I said. "Idiot. You're an idiot. Don't know what else I expected from you."  "No. An idiot would be getting involved with Angels. An idiot would be breaking the first seal. It would be selling your soul in the first place." I said, making Dean slam on the brakes. "Excuse you?"  "You heard me." I rolled my eyes. I felt his hand roughly hit my cheek, making me gasp. It was silent for a few seconds. "Ashley-" I cut him off by climbing out of the car, storming down the road. "Ashley!" He called after me, also climbing out of the car. "Ashley, I'm sorry!" I just continued walking the opposite direction. "Ashley!" He called once more. I finally turned around, tears streaming down my face, "I'm just an idiot, right? You'd obviously be a lot better without me here."  "You know that's not true, Ashley!"  "Well it should be. I don't want you in my life. Besides, I'm only a mistake from your teen years, right? You don't want mistakes following you around. Go back to that bitch and her son, and leave me alone."  "Do not call her that!" He yelled, making me roll my eyes and turn around. After a few seconds of walking, I heard his door slam, followed by a loud screech and the smell of burning rubber.