Ch.17: Angels And Greenrooms

"Hello?" I called out, looking around the extravagant room. Nada. I saw a pair of doors, so I ran to them. I twisted and pulled on them, but they wouldn't budge. "Hey, asshats! Let me out!" I yelled. "I do not see how calling people obscene names will resolve any situation." I turned around to see Castiel. "Of course." I laughed. "You did this."  "I was just follo-" "Following your orders? Cause that seems like your only answer to screwing everything up!" I yelled before taking a few deep breaths. He kept a blank face. "Where's Dean?" I asked. He didn't answer me. "There is food over on that table. I know how much you like it." Is that a fat joke? Oh my god, stop the sarcasm, Ashley. He was about to disappear, but I grabbed his arm. "Why am I here? What's going on? Cas. Please tell me what's going on." He shrugged my hand off his arm before disappearing. 

I grabbed a fried pickle, dipping it in some nacho cheese, then shoved it in my mouth. How'd they know this is my favorite?  "Your father requested your presence." Castiel said as he walked closer to me. "Cas, seriously. What's going on? Why am I here? I have nothing to do with any of this!"  "You will be informed soon. But for the time being, you must follow your part." He gave me a pleading look, and I caught on. "Okay." I agreed. He reached up, placing his fingers to my forehead as I looked at my feet. When I looked up, I saw Dean on his phone. "I don't think you can reach him. We're outside coverage zone." I said. "Ashley." He sighed in relief as he came and pulled me into a hug. When he pulled back, he looked me up and down, "You okay?" When I nodded, he looked to Castiel, "What are you gonna do to Sam?"  "Nothing. He's gonna do it to himself."  "What's that supposed to mean?" I asked, making Castiel look down. "Oh, right, right. Got to toe the company line. Why are you here, Cas?" Dean snapped. "We've been through much together, you and I. And I just wanted to say, I'm sorry it ended like this."  "Sorry?" Dean punched him. Dean flexed his hand in pain, and Castiel didn't look bothered by the punch. "It's Armageddon, Cas. You need a bigger word than 'sorry'." Dean said. "Try to understand. This is long foretold. This is your-" Dean cut him off, "Destiny? Don't give me that holy crap. Destiny, God's plan... It's all a bunch of lies, you poor, stupid son of a bitch! It's just a way for your bosses to keep me and keep you in line! You know what's real? People, families- that's real. And you're gonna watch them all burn?"  "What is so worth saving? I see nothing but pain here. I see inside you. I see your guilt, your anger, confusion. In paradise, all is forgiven. You'll be at peace. Even with Sam. And Ashley."  "You can take your peace... and shove it up your lily-white ass. 'Cause I'll take the pain and the guilt. I'll even take Sam as is. It's a lot better than being some bitch in paradise. This is simple, Cas! No more crap about being a good soldier. There is a right and there is a wrong here, and you know it." Dean said, making Castiel turn away. "Look at me!" Dean yelled, grabbing Castiel's shoulder and turning him back around. "You know it! You were gonna help me once, weren't you? You were gonna about all this, before they dragged you back to Bible camp. Help me, now. Please."  "What would you have me do?" Castiel asked. "Get me to Sam. We can stop this before it's too late."  "I do that, we will all be hunted. We'll all be killed." He motioned to all 3 of us. "If there is anything worth dying for... this is it." Castiel looked down and shook his head. "You spineless, soulless son of a bitch. What do you care about dying? You're already dead. We're done." Dean walked away from Castiel. "Dean-" Castiel was cut off by Dean once again, "We're done!" Dean looked back at where Castiel was only to see he was gone. I walked over to a bowl with cheeseburgers, grabbing one. "Are you seriously eating at a time like this?" Dean asked as I sunk my teeth into it. "I eat when I'm stressed." I told him with my mouth full. "Oh, yeah. That's attractive." He sarcastically said, making me smile, showing him my chewed up food again. "What are you even doing here?" I just shrugged, "Does it look like I know?"

I heard a crash and looked over to find Castiel with his hand over Dean's mouth. I just leaned back in my seat, looking at the painting I had been staring at for the past hour or so. "Castiel! Would you mind explaining just what the hell you're doing?" Zachariah yelled as he appeared. I looked up once again to see Castiel slam his hand in the center of a sigil, causing a white flash to cross the room. "He won't be gone long. We have to find Sam now." Castiel said. "Where is he?"  "I don't know. But I know who does. We have to stop him, Dean, from killing Lilith."  "But Lilith's gonna break the final seal."  "Lilith is the final seal. She dies, the end begins." Castiel explained. 

Cas, Dean, and I showed up at Chucks house, and he looked at us in shock. "Wait. T-t-this isn't supposed to happen." There was a muffled voice from his phone, taking Chuck attention momentarily, "No, lady, this is definitely supposed to happen, but I just got to call you back." He hung up. "Were you really just on the phone with a brothel?" I asked making Chuck's cheeks turned red. 

"St. Mary's? What is that, a convent?"  "Yeah, but you guys aren't supposed to be there. You're not in this story." Chuck was really worried. "Yeah, well... We're making it up as we go." Castiel vaguely said. I looked over to see Chucks computer screen flickering just as the ground began to shake. "Aw, man! Not again! No!"  "It's the archangels! I'll hold him off! I'll hold them all off! Just stop Sam!" He said before he places his hand on Dean's forehead, making his disappear. "What am I suppose to do?" I asked Castiel, starting to panic. "Take this. You'll know what to do." He said, handing me a weird looking knife. I looked over to Chuck, who was grabbing a couple bottles of alcohol. "Can you seriously not go an hour with out drinking?" I asked. He just held out a bottle to me. I looked at it before snatching it from him. I'm gonna die anyways, so I might as well. "Let's just get this over with." I said after taking a drink.

Sorry It's short. And a little late. Oops.

~Bo