Chapter 5

Two more days had passed, and Edward still hadn't returned. Bella was still in her mind warp about him, and Ellie was just about to lose her cool. So when Jessica Stanley decided that she wanted to verbally attack Ellie about her friendship with Mike, it took everything in the girl to not rip her to shreds in front of the entire school.

Ellie even surprised herself when instead of sitting next to Mike, as she usually did at lunch, she placed her tray beside of Jasper who gave her an amused look. Needless to say, Alice was ecstatic.

"I knew today was going to be fantastic," Alice grinned, looking at the girl sitting diagonal from her who was angrily stabbing her fork into whatever mystery meat they were serving.

"So what brings you to our table?" Emmett asked, his amused grin never faltering.

"I think I'm trying to convince myself that even though stabbing Jessica between the eyes with a dull spoon would satisfy my desires, I shouldn't give in to them," Ellie answered, glaring at the brunette from across the room. "Or maybe I'm sitting here because I would definitely commit a murder if I go within a twenty-five feet distance of her."

Emmett's laugh boomed across the cafeteria, causing him to receive a harsh glare from the lovely blonde vampire beside of him, "I definitely like this one. She's fun."

Ellie felt a wave of calm rush over her and smiled to the man on her right, "Thank you, Jasper."

"Anything for the little lady," he grinned, his amber eyes twinkling.

Ellie felt the red creeping up her neck before she turned her head aside, her short, blonde hair doing little to cover the rosy tint. She was starting to have a love/hate relationship with the way his words were effecting her.

"So do you only think of murdering people or is there more to you?" Rosalie glared at her.

"I don't typically let thoughts of murdering someone cross my mind," she began, taking little to no interest in the dish she had previously been stabbing violently with her fork. The half truth had rolled off of her tongue too easily. "It's really only when they push me past my point of no return. Then I generally have to separate myself, or bad things will happen. There is more to me than violence, though. I'm quite intelligent, and I love to shop."

"Not to mention that weird vision thing you have," Emmett quietly pointed out.

Ellie rolled her eyes, "It's literally the most annoying thing in existence. I absolutely hate bumping into people in the hallways. I don't care about what age someone learned to tie their shoes. I care about whether someone is a threat. It's almost as annoying as hearing the thoughts of half the people in the room."

"So it only happens when you touch someone?"

"Wait- you can read minds, too?"

Two voices spoke simultaneously. Emmett and Jasper respectively.

"Anyone want to ditch the rest of the day? I'm up for ditching," Ellie deflected the questions, choosing to stand from the table instead, the Cullens following suit.

She walked out of the cafeteria doors and toward the parking lot, not bothering to sign out. It's not like she had anyone at home to punish her for ditching anyway. If it were her sister doing the ditching, it would be a different, but it was not something Ellie had to worry about anymore.

She found her Porsche waiting patiently for her return upon entering the lot.

"I want to drive that," the pixieish vampire uttered from behind her causing Ellie to turn quickly toward her.

"Isn't he beautiful?" Ellie asked the girl excitedly.

"Henry's gorgeous," she quirked.

"Henry?" Emmett smirked. "You named your car Henry?"