Chapter 12

He led her inside and took her straight to Alice, quickly explaining the situation to her. The pixie like vampire was thrilled to be spending time with Ellie regardless of the situation.

"We'll have a wonderful time while Jasper is out, Ellie," she grinned, almost dancing around the room.

Ellie smiled at the girl, "I'm sure of it."

Jasper watched the two fondly. He enjoyed seeing both of them happy.

"I'll be back before you know it," he said, walking to the blonde and cupping her face gently in his palm.

"I'll be waiting," she murmured, not removing her eyes from his.

He was gone in a flash, leaving Eleanor with the small vampire.

Alice quickly pulled her to away from the entrance and to a large room with a lovely view. She watched the girl for any signs of distress.

"You don't have to stare so intently, Alice," she said, a small smile tilting her lips.

"I'm just making sure you're okay," Alice replied.

"It was probably just my paranoia getting to me," Ellie frowned. "I've been avoiding my fate for too long. It's going to catch up to me eventually."

"As long as we're here, we will keep you safe, Eleanor," Alice stated, moving to sit by the girl.

"Thank you for that. I don't deserve it. Not with the way I act around you all," she frowned.

"Ellie, whether you like it or not, you're family now. We will protect you until the end," Alice chirped.
Ellie sighed, the pain from the past eating at her. She dropped her head into her hands.

"You don't have to let what happened with the vampires in your past hold you back," Alice spoke gently. She knew the girl needed encouragement. "If you always hold on to what happened in the past, you will never see how bright the future is."

Ellie knew that Alice was right. She had held on to her pain for so long, and it was only holding her back. By holding on for so long, she was only stripping herself from the very thing she loved most about herself: her humanity. She just wasn't sure that she was ready to let go just yet.

"Thank you, Alice," she whispered.

"Anytime," Alice grinned, then grabbed her hand, dragging her to her closet. "Now, let's play fashion show and talk about boys."

"Boys?" Ellie raised an eyebrow, her hands gripping the clothing Alice was throwing at her. "I was unaware you had your eye on anyone certain."

"Well, I haven't met him in person yet, but he seems lovely from what I've seen," the vampire gushed, eyes glazing over with happiness.

Ellie grinned at her, quickly stripping and pulling a bright blue dress onto her being, "Is he anyone I know?"

Alice's amber eyes lit up brighter than Ellie had ever seen them, "You're going to bring him to me."

Ellie's eyes widened slightly, "I am?"

"You are!" she exclaimed excitedly. "I've seen it."

"How will I know he's the one to bring?" she questioned.

"Fate has a mysterious way of working," she smiled, answering vaguely.

"I look forward to the day I bring him to you then," she grinned. "Now, we should find some shoes to match this dress because wow."

Ellie and Alice tried on different dresses and outfits for the next few hours, talking about anything and everything, and that's exactly how Jasper found them when he returned.