Chapter 19

The next morning arrived sooner than Ellie hoped. She had been thoroughly enjoying her sleep. Dreams of a beautiful blonde racing across a bright meadow with a handsome blond man trying to catch her within his arms, sparkles reflecting off of their skin still fresh in her mind. The two seemed to be happy and very much in love. It was something that both brought feelings of happiness and sorrow to the emissary. There were too many chances for that to become a reality for her, and while she wouldn't mind loving Jasper for eternity, she would never want to give up her humanity to do so.

Dragging herself out of bed, she pulled on her favorite black jeans and paired it with a black dressy top with small red roses decorating it and her black leather jacket. She figured she should step up her game if she's being introduced as part of the family. Jasper had told her that Bella would be arriving around noon. So she figured that she would be fine with showing up a couple of minutes late. Finishing up her makeup and hair, she grabbed her phone and keys and concentrated on Jasper and the Cullen living room.

Upon arrival, Ellie knew something had gone wrong. The sharp pain that rippled through her body was enough to elicit a small yelp from her lips as visions flashed past her eyes.

A young boy with curly, dark hair laughs with his older brothers, a game of tag in the bountiful forest causing the young boys to lose track of time.

The same boy, now older, sits on a barstool, money lying on the table in front of him. He has a smirk on his lips and two women at his side, hoping for a lucky night.

The boy, now a man, is hunting in the woods. His face is wary as he hears a loud rustle among the leaves, a black bear bounding out faster than he can imagine. Its powerful claws tear through his flesh, leaving the man bloody and broken. A blonde woman appears at his side, her eyes holding pity for the man as she sweeps him into her arms and begins to run.

She had landed on Emmett, and it was worse than the time she had nearly flattened Beck when she was first learning to teleport.

"My spine does not appreciate your hard skin," Ellie moaned, her body slumped over the shoulder of the much larger man.

Emmett's loud laugh boomed, his rumbling laughter jolting her body, "You should work on your landing skills."

Rolling her eyes, Ellie levitated herself off of him and stretched out into the air, glancing around the room for Jasper and drifting to him, "Maybe you shouldn't stand where I'm intending to land."

"Eh, I live here," Emmett smirked, watching the girl float around.

"You missed the introductions. Edward's already taken Bella upstairs," Jasper said, looking the girl over for any substantial harm from her fall. Alice was beside of him waving excitedly at the girl.

"Oh, boo," Ellie mock sighed, glancing at the mess of glass and salad in the floor. "And here I really wanted to introduce myself. I guess I'll just have to get to know her some other time."

She watched Rosalie frown as she bent to clean up the mess she had made. A small smile playing on her lips, she flicked her hand up, causing the mess to lift from the floor, being careful to avoid Rosalie's face. Another flick of her hand sent the mess flying into a garbage can off to the side. "Just because I prefer to do most things the human way, doesn't mean that I can't use my powers for something selfish occasionally," she prattled, throwing a smile at Rosalie which was surprisingly returned.

Ellie's eyes caught Emmett's for a moment, a questioning look in her eyes, "What's your real name, Emmett? My visions of you led me to think of a story that Allison told me shortly after I moved to Brook Hills."