Chapter 14

Ellie and Jessica stayed true to their word and both gave an actual friendship a shot. It was rather amusing to those who knew of their past problems, but neither girl seemed to care. They were just happy to not be fighting. So when Mike finally asked Jessica to prom, Ellie was one of the first to know.

She found the girl waiting with Bella and Angela by Bella's truck nearly bursting with excitement.

"Mike finally asked me to prom!" she squealed excitedly.

"Congratulations," Ellie smiled. She knew Mike was going to ask, but she was happy for her new friend.

"I also have news," Angela beamed, eyes shining brightly. "I'm going to prom with Eric. I took Bella's advice and just womaned up and asked him."

Congratulations were thrown around again before the two excited girls turned to Ellie and Bella and asked who they were going with.

"I'm spending the weekend in Seattle," Bella explained, not a fan of dances.

Ellie looked at the girl quizzically before saying, "I haven't decided whether I'm going yet or not."

"What?" Jessica questioned, shocked that the girl who seemed so headstrong might not be going. "You have to go. It's prom!"

"I might go," she retorted. "If the right person asks me."

"You could always ask him," Angela suggested proudly.

"I might," Ellie laughed. "We'll see."

"You better," Jessica said. "Anyways, I totally have to get a dress. So I was thinking we could go to Port Angeles this weekend and find something perfect for prom. Ellie, you should come, too. Maybe the perfect dress will help you make up your mind."

"Sure," she agreed. "Why not?"

"Port Angeles?" Bella questioned. "Do you mind if I join?"

"Of course," Angela said, smiling softly at the girl. "I'll need your opinion on my dress."

"And you're going to keep an eye on her?" Edward questioned, his eyes firm on the blonde in front of him.

Ellie had notified Edward as soon as she knew the details of the girl's day in Port Angeles, and she was currently sitting in her living room receiving a lecture from the vampire himself.

Ellie rolled her eyes, "Of course I am. It's not like I'm actually going to buy a dress while I'm there. I have more expensive taste than Port Angeles can offer."

"And if she takes off as per usual?"

"I'll be with her the whole time, Ed-voider of the year," she smiled. "You won't have to worry. Just don't do anything stupid since I know you won't care what I said, and you'll follow us anyway."

"It's a mate thing," he quipped.

Ellie laughed, "No, it's an Edward thing. Jasper doesn't do that to me."

"You haven't accepted it yet," he retorted, a smirk landing on his lips shortly after. "Or is this your way of saying you have?"

"Trust me. He'll know before you when it happens," she said, eyes twinkling.

"Of course," he chuckled. "Because he's the mind reader."

Ellie shook her head at the bronze haired vampire, a smile present on her face. He'd never know.

On the morning of the trip to Port Angeles, Ellie found that she had ample time before they were set to leave. An impromptu decision was made, and Ellie concentrated on the back alleyway of her favorite shop, finding herself there instantaneously.