Chapter 7

When I get close to the diner, I see North's motorcycle there.

Jackpot.

He must have the morning shift which means he's scheduled for a couple more hours. I can't take any chances though. If Luke calls, he'll race over. I quietly sneak over to his bike and take out my pocket knife. I can't help the smile. I'm not evil, I swear, but he deserves it after last night.

I jab the knife into the front tire. I'll just do one. Now he's stuck until he gets a ride. My conscience reminds me to send him some cash for the new tire though.

I run back home and hop in the car I share with Kota. I wonder what we'll do about that too. Right now though, Sang's my number one priority. I take off for the Taylor's, praying I can find a way to talk to her...

I park a ways past their house, that way someone driving there won't pass it.

Once I reach the old house I freeze. S***. How should I do this?

F*** it. It knock on the door loud enough so Sang will know someone's here too.

Luke yanks the door open and steps out, shutting it behind him, phone in hand.

"Before you press that button, hear me out," I say.

He purses his lips. "Did you change your mind?"

"No."

He hovers his thumb over the emergency button. I hold out my hand in a stopping gesture. He pauses.

He's going to hate me for this. I grab it out of his hand before he has time to think and throw in on the step, breaking it beneath my foot.

"What the f***ing hell!" he roars.

"Look, Luke, I need to talk to her. I deserve to. I've been a part of her life as much as any of you."

"You made your choice."

"I wasn't allowed the chance to know how she feels."

"I won't let you tell her the plan."

I huff at him. "I'm not going to. I just need to know how she feels about me. I'm making a decision that will change my life either way. Don't I deserve to know everything when I do?"

"The rest of us did it without harassing her."

"Good for you."

I'm getting more pissed, and so is he. I'll knock him out if I have to although I don't want to.

Sang solves that problem when she opens the door. "Nathan? What's going on?"

God. She looks beautiful and confused.

I shove Luke roughly out of my way and hug her, lifting her feet from the floor. 

"I've missed you, Honey."

"I've missed you too."