Epilouge

Six years ago I was twenty-two and getting married but not to someone I love. Now I'm twenty-eight and I'm about to get married to someone who I love with my whole heart. I have no doubt in my mind that this is what is meant to be. No one will get left at the alter today. There is just one thing missing from this perfect day. My dad. I haven't spoken to him since my mom disowned me. I sent him an invitation to my wedding but didn't get an RSVP. Robbie's dad offered to walk me down the aisle but it's not the same as you're own dad giving you away.

I'm sitting in my "dressing room" when I hear a knock on my door, "Serena?" Robbie says through the door, "I have a surprise for you."

I slightly open the door so he can't see my dress, "Really? What is it?" I eagerly ask.

Someone steps out from behind Robbie. My eyes tear up when I see my dad. I try not to cry so I don't ruin my makeup but I can't help it.

"You are the best." I tell Robbie, "Now go! It's bad luck to see me before the wedding." Robbie laughs and walks away so it's just me and my dad.

"Come on in." I open the door.

"How are you?" he asks.

"I'm doing well. I can't believe you're here."

"I wouldn't miss my little girls wedding. You look beautiful."

"Thank you dad." I hug him.

"How is mom?" I ask.

"Were divorced. After that fight you two had I realized how horrible of a mother she was. I should've been there for you more."

"No it's fine. You're here now and that's all that matters." I wipe tears away.

"I met a wonderful woman though. You'd like her." he says.

"I'm excited to meet her." I say.

I hear music outside. People are starting to walk down the aisle.

"We better get going." I say.

My dad holds out his arm, "We wouldn't want the bride to be late to her own wedding now, would we?"

"Nope." I link my arm through his and we start walking to the doors. Every second I stand there feels like years. "Here Comes the Bride" starts to play and the doors open. My heart flutters with every step I take. A smile grows on my face knowing every step I take is a step closer to Robbie. We finally reach then end and my dad gives me a kiss on the cheek. Robbie holds my hands and looks me in the eye.

"You look beautiful." he quietly says so that only I can hear.

"Thank you." I quietly say back.

The preacher does his speech but all I can focus on is Robbie and how I'm so excited to be with him for the rest of my life.

"And now it's time for the vows." the preacher says.

"Robbie, when I met you I didn't know any of this would happen. But I'm glad it did. I'm so happy I met you. You have the greatest personality ever. Every room you walk into lights up. You are so supportive of me and I promise I'll do my best to support and stand by you too. I also promise to love you even if you annoy me, or I'm mad at you." Robbie chuckles, "One last thing, I want to thank you. Because of you I believe in love. I believe in love at first sight because it happened to me when I saw you."

Now it was Robbie's turn to say his vows, "I remember the first time looking at you and thinking she'll be mine one day. It was like once I met you everything made sense. You were, are, and will be my everything. I promise I will do anything to make you happy. I promise to love you for the rest of my life."

"Ok now Serena do you take Robbie Kay to be your lawfully wedded husband?" the preacher asks.

"I do." I smile the moment I say it knowing I made the best choice of my life.

"Robbie do you take Serena Dayes to be your lawfully wedded wife?"

"I do."

"I mow pronounce you husband and wife. You may kiss the bride."

Robbie kisses me as soon as he finished. We did it. We're actually married. I feel like I'm dreaming.

The reception goes by in a blur. Robbie and I say goodbye to our guests and start to head outside to get in our car to go to our hotel. I'm ready to see where our life will take us.

"Are you ready to go?" I smile as I look at him.

"I'm ready to go wherever you go."