Chapter Nine

Arms grab me and pull me out of the school hallway and into a janitor's closet. My arms flail out in my attempt to catch myself, and the papers I am holding fly everywhere. The mystery arms caress my body as they make their way to my waist and wrap around me.

"What the hell?" I say into the pitch darkness. The clicking of a pull light switch is the only thing I hear before a soft glow is cast throughout the closet. Looking up, I see a very familiar face smiling down at me.

"Braeden, you scared the shit out of me!" I say, hitting his chest with the palm of my hand. He just laughs and pulls my body tighter against his warm chest. His hands work their way under my shirt and massage the bottom of my back, causing me to melt into him.

"Sorry about that," he says, working out all the tension in my back. "I just missed you."

"I just saw you two periods ago, and we have next period together," I say, rolling my eyes but smiling at the same time. Ever since we had sex about a week ago, we have been inseparable. We always find time to fool around whenever we are alone together, and my homework has been suffering because of it.

"We only have five minutes," I say in a whisper, standing up on my toes so that my lips brush against his. His ears twitch when I pet them with my finger, making my smile grow.

"I can get you off in five minutes," Braeden says, connecting his lips with mine before unbuttoning my pants.

"Henley, I know you and Braeden are in there," I hear the playful voice of my best friend say. "The bell is about to ring, so you if you don't want to be late for class, you better start moving."

Braeden groans, reluctantly pulling his lips from mine and rebuttoning my pants. "Later," he whispers, nipping my bottom lip before completely pulling away. I bend down and grab my papers, giving my mate a perfect view of my ass. Looking over my shoulder, I see Braeden staring at me and laugh as I stand back up.

"Definitely later," he says, rubbing his hand across my ass and opening the door. Quinn has an amused look on his face as he watches us walk out of the closet. "Do you guys really have to do that at school."

"Oh shut up, Quinn," I say, giving him a playful shove. "I know you got sexy with Link in the locker room yesterday. I am never walking in there again without knocking." A blush spreads across Quinn's face, but he smiles all the same. He is completely smitten with his mate.

"I have to run to math. I'll see you later?" Quinn questions, backing away from us in the direction of his Calculus class.

"Yeah, meet you at the car," I tell him, running my fingers through my hair. It's messed up from my make out session with Braeden in the janitor's closet. Looking over at Braeden, I see that I am not the only one with tussled hair, but he doesn't seem to mind.

We make it to class with only a few seconds to spare, the bell ringing as we take our seats. Mr. Kearns hobbles to the front of the classroom and stands behind his wooden podium. "Today is the day you turn in your essays. As you all know, if you get a passing grade on the essay, you don't have to take the final. If you fail this assignment, you will have to take the final I have written out myself."

Whimpers can be heard throughout the class room. No one wants to take that test. We all know how hard Mr. Kearns' tests are, and nobody wants to chance having to take his biggest test of the year. He motions for us to hand him our papers and watches as we all walk over and hand them to him. Shuffling all the collected essays around, he makes sure they are in a perfect pile before walking back over to his desk and sitting down.