Chapter 8

"Who...was he..?"

Kuroko stiffened at the question, he bit his lip as the silence continued. Kagami sighed as he looked away.

"Its fine, I guess you don't wanna talk about it." The red head huffed and scratched the back of his head.

The bluenette still has his head down, not moving an inch, tons of emotions are going through his head at the moment, not wanting to speak. Not only is Kise and Akashi here, but his former Light too? What are they all doing here? And why all at the same time?

All these years Kuroko has been trying to live a normal life, healing from the emotional wounds that were inflicted on him many years ago. But now they are trying to barge into his life again and expects him to welcome them with wide arms?

He left everything back then. Everything. Teiko, his home, his friends, basketball. Promising to leave the emotional hurt as well, but now? He's not sure that he completely left everything behind.

Kagami is at a lost at what to do. Kuroko is still not speaking and its getting dark. "Hey, I'll walk you home alright?" Kagami offers and the blue head only responds with a curt nod.

The two walked in complete silence, Kuroko's apartment wasn't far from where they were so it was easy for him to walk to work everyday. Kagami however, lived slightly further, so he would usually commute to work and meet up with Kuroko for dinner.

Its awkward. The deafening silence is awkward. Usually Kagami would light the mood up with random chatter as he goes on about what happened that day and the amount of food he ate. However this time he didn't think it was suitable for him to talk like usual. Something must've happened between Kuroko and that weird looking dark blue hair guy earlier. Kagami has no idea who he was, but he already hates him.

They finally reached Kuroko's apartment and Kagami stopped at the entrance. "Hey, uh... see you tomorrow, alright? Call me if you need anything." said the red head, trying to act as cheerful as possible while showing a thumbs up.

Kuroko slightly lifted his head and gave a small smile and swiftly turned his body and walked towards the elevator to his floor.

Unlocking his apartment, he opened the door to his pet dog, Nigou, happily greeting him at the door. Carelessly taking off his shoes and throwing his bag on the couch, the blue head made his way to the bedroom and tbrew himself onto the bed, face down.

Nigou followed his owner closely obviously confused at his owner's behaviour and jumped on the bed with him. Nudging his nose at Kuroko's face, he could see tears streaming down his face as he cried silemtly.

~●~●~●~●~

"Akashicchi, what is the meaning of this?!" Kise practically screamed over the phone as he read the message that he received, over and over again. Not believing his eyes.

"This is the original and authentic document, Ryota. My secretary attained these information as per my orders." The other person on the line explained.

Kise has to lean on something as he gripped the phone. "No way... " Kise coverer his eyes with his hands and took a deep breath. "Does the others know about this?"

Silence came from the other and he finally said, "Only Shintarou does. It's probably not the right time."

Kise could only answer with silence as he lowered the phone and ended the call. Staring at the phone screen for what seemed like forever, he threw it against the wall forcefully which made it shatter. The expression on his face, unreadable.

_____________________________________________

Authors Note

Hi guys, its been 3 years huh. Never thought I'd be back here, honestly. You guys probably have questions like where have you been? Why no updates? Etc.

Well thing is, I was here all the time. I still keep Wattpad installed on my phone over the years, and I do receive notifications on my phone almost evryday although I don't use the app as much. What notifications? Well, the votes, comments and follows.

I am genuinely surprised. This story is nearly 5 years old and people still come and read this cringe and awfully plannrd story☺ I read every single comment that was posted on my stories over the years and I am still shook at the amount of support my stories have.

I began this story 4 years ago, which means I was 4 years younger than I am now. I am currently 18 years old and fell in love with Kuroko No Basuke at 14. It was my favourite anime at that time and it stayed for a very long time. However, time does pass, the anime ended, life moved on and I entered university.

Its not a lie to say that I completely lost inspiration, I barely remember their character traits and how they act. Many times, I read your comments to update, my desire to do so just increased, but how could I?

After all these years. I havent written fanfiction for so long, I almost forgot how and what it felt like to publish a chapter and wake up to read the lovely feedbacks from my readers.

I doubt that my old readers that were with me at the beginning are still here, but I realized that regardless of when they read my stories, some still enjoy them and thats enough for me.

Thank you so much for supporting me over the years as I don't deserve this at all. A single vote on my chapter just makes me content amd it shows that people enjoy them. Numbers dont matter to me, as long as someone likes them.

I hope to see you guys soon! I will be more than hapoy to reply to your comments and thoughts, feel free😘😙💕💕💕

Btw, what is with all these ads and paid stories here?? They werent here 4 years ago! Did Wattpad go desperate or something? 🤣😅 Someone please enlighten me!