Chapter 9

"Murasakibara-kun." A gentle voice called out to the giant basketball player.

"Hmm...?" Said man slowly turned his head to face the blue haired phantam, realizing who it was, he proceeding to continue skimming through the selection of sweets in front of him. "What do you want, Kuro-chin."

Kuroko starred at the tall man intently as he spoke, "Why aren't you coming to practice?". With that, Murasakibara sighed exasperately while walking towards the cashier with the jumble of sweets and snacks in his arms.

"A tournament is coming soon, you should attend practice." Kuroko said with a hint of desperation in his voice, although, he doesnt show it.

Grabbing the bag of snacks that has been paid for, Muraskibara walked right past Kuroko, ignoring his presence. "It won't matter, I will win anyways."

Kuroko's heart dropped as the hurt he felt before came crashing back down on him. They were all the same. All the times he had with them before seemed nothing more than a distant memory. Standing there, alone in the convenience store, he no longer felt anything.

Another one left him, the 5 shining lights that shone brightly beside him all this time, slowly growing dimmer. So, what is a shadow without a light?

It ceases to exist.

~●~●~●~●~

The next day, it took all of Kuroko's willpower not to call in sick and just stay home for the day. But he knew he could'nt do that. Maybe being at the kindergarten and seeing the children's faces will help him keep his mind off things.

But that doesn't seem like the case, as Kuroko was clearly distracted all day. Even the other teachers began to worry as his originally pale face was paler than usual. Not to mention the blue head had heavy eye bags and fatigue was clear on his face.

All the students had went home and Kuroko is currently cleaning up some of the mess that the kids left. After this he can finally go home and sleep since Kagami texted him earlier saying that he couldnt meet him up for dinner.

Speaking of dinner, Kuroko hasnt eaten anything all day, which contributes to the other teachers worrying over him. He didn't have the appetite, and he wasn't hungry at all.

"Kuroko-sensei, are you sure you're  alright? You look like you haven't slept for days." asked a voice.

Kuroko perked up and looked towards the entrance of the classroom where his friend, another teacher, stood by the doorway.

Kuroko smiled weakly to him. "Yeah, Im alright, just a bit tired. Don't worry Nagisa-sensei." Nagisa is one of his close friends working in the kindergarten and they often work together.

Just like Kuroko, Nagisa has light blue hair and eyes, but his physique is clearly smaller and his lively and outgoing personality made him more noticable than Kuroko.

"Well, you look like a walking zombie all day, not to mention you didn't eat anything." retaliated Nagisa, clearly concerned for his friend.

Kuroko looked down at all the toys scattered around the room which he needs to clean up. Suddenly a huge wave of dizziness hits him and his hand went up to clutch his aching head. Kuroko grunted in pain as his vision also started to deteriorate as he felt his body fall to the ground.

"Hey!"

~●~●~●~●~

An audible sigh escaped from the green haired doctor's lips as he rubbed his temples in distress. It was incredibly hectic today, the appointments were stacked one after another and he barely had enough time to rest.

It was probably a bad idea requesting for a move to this hospital. But then again he didn't forget why he was here in the first place.

Walking down the hospital's hallway, he heard an exasperated voice from one of the many rooms situated on the floor.

"I'm not sure... He looked really tired and didn't eat all day..."

For some reason, Midorima started walking towards the room where the voice came from. He didnt know why, but his legs were carrying him towards the room. The door was open and he peeked inside to see what was happening.

His heart stopped and eyes widened in shock when he realized who was laying on the bed motionless. He couldn't believe it, after all these years. What was Kuroko Tetsuya doing here in the hospital? What happened?

Quickly regaining his composure he strode into the room quickly gaining the attention of the other small blue haired boy and the 2 nurses interviewing him.

"Midorima-sensei...! Do you need anything?" Asked one of the nurses in shock, clealy confused as to why one of the best doctors in the hospital was here.

Midorima ignored her and immediately went to stand by the bed where Kuroko was laying, unconscious. Checking his vitals and making sure his breathing is proper. He snapped his head to the nurses and said, "What are you doing? Hurry and get the essentials!"

The two nurses flinched and scrambled to do as instructed, fearing they would get in serious trouble if they didnt.

"You. What happened to him?" Midorima asked Nagisa after those nurses left the room.

"Well um... We were at work and he simply fainted, he did look a lot paler and tired today." Nagisa explained, scratching the back of his head. Calming slightly down when an actual doctor is here.

Nagisa's phone rang out of nowhere and he scurries to answer it, stepping out of the room. "Karma-kun? I'm at..."

The green haired doctor turned his attention back to Kuroko and scrutinized his features. "Kuroko..." Midorima said quietly holding onto the other's pale hand. 

__________________________________________

Author's Note

Haha...Did you guys see what I did here? I noticed that many people were saying that they read 'Kuroko-sensei' as 'Koro-sensei' in the first chapter. It wasnt my intention at all, but I thought why not a little crossover? Hope you guys don't mind! Tell me if yoire fine with crossovers so maybe I can add some characters from other animes too :D

Clearly, I have no idea what doctors do when an unconcsious person is brought in, but I tried my best! Do give me ideas for the future of this story if you'd like.

See you next time!