~Prologue~

The dark misty figure flies over the rooftops as families sleep blissfully in their homes. A child stirs uncomfortably in her bed as the shadow peeks through the window of her bedroom. The shadow slowly slips through the window and into the bedroom where the child still sleeps restlessly. Her eyelids flutter open and she rubs her eyes so they don't water when she opens them. The shadow lurks closer to the child and holds out his murky hand. She stares blankly at the creature the smiles as she takes the shadow's hand.

They fly together hand in hand underneath the gloomy sky.

"How old are you?" The little girl asked curiously but the shadow does not reply. "Well I am nine," the child boasts with confidence then adding, "OH, and I am Bree by the way Mr.Shadow."

She smiles then giggles as she enjoys the rest of the night flying under the moonlight.

As the sun rises the turns a sweet rise colour. Bree wakes in her bed and looks around searching for the shadow. She climbs out of bed and looks under it then in her closet but she cannot find him.

"AAAHHH!" A scream surrounds the hallway.

"Mother!" Bree yells bursting through her bedroom door into the hallway.

"Where's Jarrod? Is he in your room?!" The Mother panics as Bree shakes her head confused on the situation.

"Oh my gosh! Someone has taken Jarrod! Oh no no..." Her voice fades into the distance as she races downstairs. Bree runs back to her bedroom and runs to the window. She looks up at the early morning sky and now she finally understood why the shadow came.

Thank you to all who are going to read or have read my first chapter :) I'm Karla and I hope you like Peter Pan as much as I do! :P This was short but I guarantee that the next chapter will be longer :D It is to do with the show once upon a time but you don't need to watch it to understand :)