~A Flash of Red~

To whoever is reading... hello hope you enjoy this and love Peter Pan as much as me :D And to all the Oncers I hope you like it and if you don't watch once upon a time you should it's pretty fabulous ;)

~

Don't look down... Just don't look down. I open my eyes for a little peek and see nothing but white fluffly clouds. The misty shadow has a tight grip on my left wrist and I dare not to fight against it. I reach out to touch the clouds, not feeling anything apart from a little chill rushing over my hand. It made me feel free and I couldn't help but smile. Like fairy floss it was. As it slips through my fingers the shadow suddenly dives down from the clouds.

"AAAHHH!" I was heading straight for the ocean and I knew this was going to be worse than an average belly flop. As I close my eyes for impact I was dragged up again by the shadow.
"What! Are you trying to kill me?" I ask the shadow but he just stares me down with his fire glowing eyes. I wasn't surprised that it didn't reply, I don't even know if it can talk, but It seems as if it likes taunting me.

I take in the view and it feels like I am cloying like seriously flying. My fingertips glide across the water as I see my reflection. It's funny because I look into the water and I see myself. Where is the shadow? Maybe it just doesn't have a reflection. But when I look up I realise he is no where to be seen. Suddenly I fall into the water and swim to the surface.
"Oh, no my phone!" I open my and grab my phone oh just great. I'm in the middle of... I don't even know where I am. Even more perfect! I close my backpack and move it through the water onto my back. I look around for any land but can't find any, even better.

~

I had been swimming for a while and i seriously don't know how long I can last with this backpack. I feel something rub on my leg.
"What was that?!" Oh now I'm talking to myself but that's the least of my problems. I see something moving swiftly through the water around my legs but I can't make out what it is because it's moving so fast! I start swimming scared. Which is a bad idea as I have no where to go but I do it anyway hoping it goes away. I look behind and I see it coming. Oh my gosh. Just swim. I look back and see a flash of red. Am I bleeding? Did hurt me? Then I realise it was gone and so was the patch of redness. Okay thank god! I hand grips my shoulder and I turn around to see the flash of red. Yes a girl with bright red hair and crystal green eyes stairs at me and smiles.
"Oh my gosh I thought I was out here by myself!" She opens her arms for a hug and that's when I feel it on my legs... what is that a fish! I look down and a long scaly tail below her hips. No way! I mean I always wanted to be a mermaid when I was little but I seriously thought I never would see one or definitely meet one!
"No way you're a mermaid!" I point to her tail and nods. She goes to open her mouth to speak but nothing comes out. Then she points to her mouth and shakes her head.
"Oh you can't speak. Well I'm Arya, it's nice to meet you." She opens her mouth again but nothing comes out.
"I can try to read your lips!" I say enthusiastically and she nods hysterically. She opens her mouth and repeats it slowly until I get it.
"Ahh- It starts with a right," she nods again happily. Then I finally figure it out.
"Ariel! As in the little mermaid!" She has a confused expression and I just laugh it off. She grabs my hand unexpectingly and points in the direction in front of us. I guess she knows the way to shore.

~

We reach shore together but it was only I who could finally be free of the water. I look at my hands and they're as wrinkly as my grandmother's hands.
"Well at least you don't get wrinkly." I laugh sarcastically. "See I'm not that good at goodbyes but when I get off this island I will come back and say a proper goodbye. You never know someday maybe you can be able to speak again." She smiles and we both wave goodbye.
Ariel swims away and I spin around to face green. Yes lots of green. Green luscious grass, trees even the sand a tint of green. I had never seen so much green as I'm a city girl. It was quite beautiful. As I took a step forward into the forest something grabs my backpack and I fall straight onto my butt. I look up to see the shadow again.
"Oh no."

~

oh hello thanks for reading :) I totally forgot Happy New Years Eve :P