Chapter 2

You hastily searched for shelter from the cold rain as you ran down the street. You finally found an awning in front of one of the stores. You sighed in relief as you leaned back into the wall of the store. Looking around you saw flowers on both sides of you. You looked into the store from the window to see the store filled to the brim with  gardening tools and vibrant flowers. You glanced over to your right to find (favorite flower) s. You couldn't help but smile as you admired them. A store clerk walked out humming to himself as he carried a box but you took no notice of him. He looked over to see you smiling at the bundle of (favorite flower) s like a child seeing candy. He laughed a bit causing you to look over. You noticed that the clerk was very tall. He had sandy blonde hair and beautiful blue eyes. He looked about 20 years old as well. You panicked about him seeing your face and quickly went to grab your hood to put over your head but all you grabbed was air. You looked behind you confused then you remembered that you had given it away.

That's right...I gave it to that stranger... You thought and sighed. The clerk tilted his head at you. He smiled lightly.

"What's wrong? A pretty girl like you shouldn't be so gloomy." He said cheerfully. You looked back up at the man with a small blush on your face. You weren't used to compliments let alone ones from total strangers. You looked at your feet embarrassed.

"U-Uhm it's nothing really." You replied staring at your shoes. You heard the man let out a long 'hmmm' as if thinking. You stole a quick glance at him before looking away again. He chuckles and walked behind you. He grabbed a (favorite flower) and placed it behind your ear. You looked at him then took the flower from behind your ear.

"You-You really don't have to do that!" You said frantically as you tried to give the flower back. The store clerk just laughed and pushed your hand away.

"Keep it. It looks cute in your hair like that." He said. You blushed.

"U-Uhm...thank you... How did you know these were my favorites?" You asked as you looked at the flower smiling a bit. You twirled it between your fingers.

"I saw you staring at them." The clerk replied. You smiled at him and chuckled lightly. "Y'know...you have a cute smile. It suits you way better than that sigh of yours." He said.

"Th-Thank you!" You said, your face cherry red. He smiled at you and put out his hand.

"Im Akihiko. But you can call me Aki if you want!" He said cheerfully.

"I-Im..." You said but soon stopped yourself from saying your real name. "Im (Fake Name)!" You said quickly as you shook his name.

"Nice to meet you (Fake Name)!" Aki replied. You smiled up at him.

"Nice to meet you too, Aki!" You said. His smiled seemed to grow at the use of his nickname. Suddenly a smaller girl, about 15 years old, with cute blonde pigtails and big sparkling green eyes came outside.

"Aki! Grandpa needs y-" she trailed off as she saw you. Suddenly her face lit up. "Oh my gosh! Aki! Is this your girlfriend?!" She asked quickly walking up to the both of you. Aki flushed red.

"No no no!!" He said quickly. The girl looked at him confused.

"But you gave her a flower." The girl said pointing to the (favorite flower) in your hand. Aki shook his head.

"Well I...uh..." Aki tried to explain. Suddenly the girls face lit up again.

"I WAS RIGHT! SHE IS YOUR GIRLFRIEND!!" The young girl shouted.

"Shut up Kazuko!!" Aki placed a hand over her mouth. She squealed into his palm and yanked his arm away. She bounded over to you and frantically shook your hand with both of hers.

"Hiya! It's so nice to meet you! I'm Kazuko! Aki's cousin! Finally he has a girlfriend! I thought he was going to be single all his life." She said with a very bright smile. You laughed nervously.

"SHUT UP KAZUKO!!" Aki shouted. He dragged the giggling girl away from you. "Listen she's not my girlfriend. I was just being nice." You nodded.

"Yeah...we just met." You said with a nervous smile. "I-Im (Fake Name) by the way!" Kazuko smiled.

"It's really nice to meet you!" She said cheerfully. Aki turned to his cousin.

"Anyways. You said grandpa needed me?" He asked. Kazuko nodded.

"Yeah he needs help unloading boxes." She said.

"Alright well I gotta go (Fake Name)." He said turning to you. You nodded with a smile. "Hopefully I'll see you again." He smiled at you and waved before walking off. Kazuko turned to you grinning.

"It was nice meeting you! See you around~!" She said entering the store. You smiled lightly as you looked at the flower in your hand.

"Yeah..." You said quietly to yourself. "See you around."

Little did you know there were Amber eyes staring at you from the shadows.