Chapter 12

The second you opened your eyes, you were greeted by unfamiliar surroundings. A dark room surrounded you. It was fairly big, with a wooden staircase on your left that led up to a door and a bed in the corner. From the looks of the cement floor and no windows you figured that you were in a basement.

But why would a bed be down here then? You thought. You noticed that while most of the room was dark, there was a fair amount of light surrounding you. You looked up to see yourself seated under a solitary light, hanging from the ceiling. You tried to stand up but you were stuck in your seated position. You looked down to see yourself sitting on a cushioned chair with both of your ankles tied to the chair legs and both of your wrists tied to the armrests. You became panicked, and started to struggle against the restraints.

"Struggling won't help." A blunt voice started. You jumped at the sudden sound and looked around the room. In the corner to your left you saw a figure. You peered through the darkness to see a person in the same position as you with their head down in misery. The only difference was that they were covered in wounds. Your eyes widened at the small pool of blood that was formed under the chair. The person lifted their head to reveal a horrifyingly familiar face.

"Aki...?" You asked slowly, praying that this was all just a dream.

"Keep your voice down," He replied in a whisper. "Takeo will hear you."

"W-Wait. Takeo did this to you?!" You asked in a hushed shout. Aki sighed and looked at the ground as he nodded.

"Yeah. I woke up a few hours ago in the same position as you. Takeo was in front of me and he started talking nonsense..." He said.

"What did he say?" You asked as you worriedly looked at the wounds that covered Aki's body.

"He started yelling about how I was trying to steal his last precious possession from him. He asked me why leaving him alone wasn't enough to satisfy myself. I didn't know what he was talking about. When I tried to calm him down he just stared to hit me. After he got bored with that he pulled out a knife and..." Aki trailed off, knowing you got the idea and not wanting to relive his experience. You started to tremble in your chair.

"D-Do you know where we are?" You asked. Aki shook his head woefully. Silence fell over you as footsteps were heard overhead. Suddenly the sound of a rattling doorknob cut through the tense silence. The door at the top of the steps opened slowly, as if teasing you. Once the door was fully open, you could easily make out Takeo's smirking features. Light spilled into the room, allowing you to see the deep cuts on Aki's body when you glanced at him. Takeo walked down the wooden steps casually, a triumphant grin plastered onto his face. He walked over towards you and you immediately became tense. Once he was in front of you, he leaned down so that he was eye level with you. You tried to lean away from him but the chair halted your actions.

"Morning, Girly. Did you sleep well?" He asked, as a more caring and kind smile formed. You blinked at him in confusion, not sure if he was mocking you or not. You stayed silent, which caused him to frown slightly at your reluctance. "Awe, c'mon Girly. No need to stay quiet. I wanna know if you're doing okay." He said, as he gingerly stroked your hair, trying to coax a reply from you. You leaned your head away from his touch.

"W-What's going on, Takeo?" You asked, nervously. Takeo sighed.

"Isn't it obvious? You're in your new home, (Y/N)!" He said as he tilted his head with a small smile. Your eyes widened at his statement.

"N-New home? What are you talking about?" You asked.

"Ah, well, I realized that keeping you in the city was really dangerous. There are a lot of bad people out there that want to harm you. Keeping you there wasn't worth the risk. So, last night I drugged you to make sure you stayed asleep and I moved you here." He replied.

"W-Where is 'here' exactly?"

"Somewhere far, far away from anyone who wants to hurt you." Takeo answered. He moved his hand to stroke your head again, but you dodged his gesture, causing him to growl.

"Why is Aki here?" You asked, starting to gain a bit of confidence, due to your anger. Takeo looked over at where Aki sat, staring at him with fear filled eyes.

"He's here because he is getting what he deserves. He betrayed me in so many ways. So I'm returning the favor." He said spitefully, as he glared at the wounded male. You quickly became concerned for Aki's safety.

"Takeo, please. Let us go. We-We can talk about this, right?" You asked, hopefully. Takeo looked back to you and sighed.

"As much as I want to do that, it's just not possible. You won't understand. Not yet at least. All you'll do is run away." He answered.

"T-Takeo...," A quiet voice pleaded. Takeo looked over to Aki, who's eyes burned with determination. "P-Please...let her go...I get that you want to hurt me for what I did to you, but (Y/N) doesn't deserve this." Takeo stared at him for a moment in silence before laughing.

"Hahaha! You idiot. Were you not listening? I said I wanted to help her. The last thing I'd do is harm her!" He stated. He turned his gaze back to you, his eyes filled with admiration. "No...I'd never hurt the person I love..." He said. Your eyes widened as you seemed to choke on air.

"L-Love?!" You nearly shouted. Takeo chuckled at your reaction, finding it immensely adorable.

"You heard it right!" He took your face and gently held it in his hands as he stared into your eyes, lovingly.

"I love you, (Y/N)."