Chapter 8

You woke up to the sound of gentle breathing near your ear. You opened your eyes to see Takeo's face in front of yours. You tried to push him away a bit but he still had a firm grip around your waist. Sighing you looked around. Light shone through the curtains of the window indicating that it was morning. You tried to turn your body around to maybe catch a glimpse of outside but failed. Takeo groaned, annoyed at your movements. He started to irritably mumble a few words before tightening his grip. You reluctantly complied. You laid in his arms staring at his face for a long while in silence. After what seemed like hours Takeo's eyes slowly opened. He scrunched his face up and tightly shut his eyes after catching glimpse of the light coming from the window.

"Agh, shit, my head." He hissed in pain most likely suffering from a hangover. Gradually his eyes opened to see your face in front of his. His eyes widened and he shoved you out of his arms, promptly falling off the bed, his legs still laying on the mattress. He groaned and sat up rubbing his head with an angry expression. "What the hell are you doing in my bed?!"

"You put me here yesterday when you got back." You said defensively. He twisted his body and let his legs fall off the bed. He stood up and turned to you.

"Well I don't remember doing that." He growled. You shrank back a bit but tried to keep your tough exterior.

"Y-You came back drunk. I didn't do anything. You just picked me up and carried me to the bed." You said. Takeo furrowed his eyebrows as if thinking.

"Did I do anything else...?" He asked warily. You shook your head and he sighed. "I didn't...say anything weird did I...?" You could hear the worry in his voice. You looked to the side away from him. "What did I say?" He asked, realizing why you wouldn't look at him.

"Uh...um..." You couldn't seem to find the right words as you continued to look away.

"Tell me what I said." Takeo demanded getting impatient. You took in a deep breath and sighed.

"You talked a-about your parents..." You said just above a whisper. Takeo went silent. You glanced up and saw that he was staring at you with wide eyes and furrowed eyebrows. He growled.

"Dammit..." He said angrily. He turned away from you and sat down on the ground, his back facing the bed. "Go ahead...say it." He mumbled.

"Say what...?" You asked confused.

"Say I'm a monster. Say I'm evil. I've heard it plenty of times. Just go ahead and get it over with..." He growled. You looked at him over the edge of the bed to see that he had his head buried in his arms as he rested his arms on his knees. You stayed silent. He looked up at you. "Say it already! Plenty of people have screamed at me because of this already. I know you're thinking the same thing as them."

"This has...happened before?" You asked. He sighed and rested his chin on his arms, closing his eyes.

"It's not the first I've come home drunk when I've had a hostage." He mumbled. His breathing started to become irregular.

"Y-Your mother...in the album she looked like she was really happy with you in that one picture..." You said half to yourself. Takeo lifted his head and looked at you.

"Those photos were all planned out. She tricked people with that caring mother act but while she was at home and no one was around, she was selfish and horrible. My father did the same. He acted kind and proud of me while people were around but whenever we were alone he would get angry at me for not focusing on studying or some shit like that. He'd even go as far as to beat me sometimes..." He stopped talking the moment his voice cracked. His breathing had started to become shaky and his eyes were a bit red around the edges. You knew you shouldn't but you couldn't help but feel bad for him. You looked at him with a worried expression. He growled a bit as he turned his head away from you. "Ugh why am I telling you this anyways?! It's not like you care! I'm just an evil guy who's going to kill you! All you probably care about is getting away from me." He shouted burying his face in his arms again. You hesitantly got down off of the bed and got on your knees in front of his slightly shaking form.

I must be crazy for feeling bad for him...but still...he's as much of a human as I am...he must feel awful. You thought. You hesitantly put your hand on his shoulder in a comforting fashion and he looked up. He had tears forming at the corners of his eyes. Suddenly he grabbed your arm and pulled you into a hug. You froze.

"Hey (Y/N)..." He said. This surprised you given that this was the first time he addressed you with your name.

"Y-Yeah...?" You asked still tense in his arms.

"Why are you so weird?" He asked resting his chin on your head.

"Weird?"

"You're showing so much compassion to me...you make me feel really weird. When I thought you were going to scream at me for killing my parents I was...scared. I didn't want that...why do you make me feel like this? Is there something wrong with me?" He asked his grip around you tightening. You stayed quiet as you thought about his question.

He said things like that yesterday...I wonder what's going on with him. You thought.

"(Y/N)?" His voice brought you back to reality. You looked up at him while he looked down at you. "Do you maybe wanna go outside?"

A/N-
Hey guys!! Kitkat here~ Soooo I have a favor to ask of you guys. I've been having a bit of trouble with coming up with the next chapter of Blood Stained Roses so I would like to ask you guys what should happen next. I really don't wanna go two months without updating like what happened with Too Special To Kill. I'd really appreciate it if you guys give me some ideas. (I'll be sure to give you credit) Just direct message me to give me ideas!! Thanks ^^ Anyways that's all my lovely readers~. Until the next chapter!! Byyyyye!!!

(Edit-Also thanks for 4K views!! I really appreciate it!! ^^)