Chapter 10

"I don't care how the hell Im supposed to greet you. Answer my questions." Aki demanded. Takeo chuckled.

"Wow. You really haven't changed that jackass attitude of yours have you? You'd think you'd change even just a little bit after all this time you've been gone." He stated. He held a calm demeanor but his gaze was filled with hate.

"Stop avoiding the damn questions and answer me." Aki ordered. Takeo's smirk dropped.

"Sorry but I can't give a civilian any information." He said bitterly. Aki growled.

"Shut up. I chose this life for a reason and you know it. I left Shadow Demon because I couldn't take all the killing anymore." He defended himself. Takeo let out a loud laugh.

"That's such a lie. You left because you're selfish. We were supposed to be a team but you got scared because we almost got caught one time. Because of you I was left alone in that stupid organization." He said angrily as he glared at the blonde haired male in front of him. Aki sighed.

"Takeo, I've already apologized for that. I really am sorry for leaving you alone but I just couldn't take it anymore." He said as his angry demeanor slowly started to fade.

"Whatever." Takeo said through clamped teeth. He turned around and started walking towards the shop. Aki grabbed his arm, stopping him from walking. Takeo tried to yank his arm away but ultimately failed since Aki was older, stronger, and more well built than him. He shot a hate filled look at Aki.

"Answer my questions." Aki stated bluntly. "What are you doing with (F/N)?"

"Why do you even care? You've barely even talked to her. Why does she even matter to you?" Takeo snapped.

"She seems like a sweet girl. I don't want her getting hurt." Aki replied sternly. Takeo chuckled bitterly.

"Well that's sorta inevitable." He said. Aki narrowed his eyes.

"What's that supposed to mean?" He demanded. Takeo smirked.

"She's my next victim." He stated. Aki's eyes filled with anger as he tightened his grip on Takeo's arm.

"What the hell?! Why would they send you after an innocent girl that has nothing to do with us- I mean you?" Aki growled. He glanced around to make sure there weren't any people around. Luckily the streets were empty.

"Oh you don't know?" Takeo replied with mock innocence. He chuckled again. "She's the daughter of Blue Blade's leader. And her name isn't (F/N)," He said the name as it left a bitter taste in his mouth. "It's (Y/N)." Aki stared at Takeo in silence. "Doesn't sound so innocent now, does she? Keeping so many secrets like that." Aki shook his head.

"We're worse. I've kept secrets ten times worse than those anyways. She's still seems like a kind girl. She doesn't deserve to die." Aki argued. Takeo's cocky expression fell and he furrowed his eyebrows together as he looked at the ground with a bitter expression.

"That's the problem. She doesn't." He mumbled in a barely audible voice. Aki growled and grabbed him by his shirt collar.

"Then why try to kill her?!" He nearly shouted. "Why not try to protect her?"

"Because if I don't kill her then we'll both be killed." Takeo replied. "And besides...killing is in my blood. You know what happened eight years ago. I did all of that as a kid. It's a natural thing to me so it should be easy to kill her..."

"Then why isn't she dead yet?" Aki asked. This question caught Takeo off guard as he looked at the blonde with a surprised expression. "If killing is so easy for you then she should be dead by now right? So why isn't she?" Takeo stayed silent as he thought about this. "It's because you don't want to. Face it Takeo, you can't bring yourself to kill her. You want to keep her alive for as long as possible because you find some part of her likable."

"Shut up!" Takeo said prying his shirt collar out of Aki's grip. He glared up at him. Aki sighed.

"You can't deny it. I've seen you do your job before. You don't care at all about who you kill but if you can't kill her you must find her likable." He said. "But if I'm to put it bluntly...it's not like you'd have a chance with her..."

"What the hell is that supposed to mean?" Takeo asked defensively.

"Im just saying...do you really think that she'd like you after attempting to kill her?" Aki asked bluntly.

"Like you'd fair any better!" Takeo shouted. "You're just as bad as I am!"

"Im just saying the truth. Im trying to spare your feelings. And this just proving my point. You getting angry about being denied her feelings is a sign that you want her to find you likable as well." Aki stated with a glared. Takeo growled. He launched himself forward and tackled Aki to the ground firmly wrapping his hands around his throat.

"JUST SHUT UP ALREADY!" Takeo shouted. "YOU DONT KNOW SHIT ABOUT HOW I FEEL!" He paused for a moment suddenly looking thoughtful before chuckling with a dark expression. "Heh. You think I don't have it in me to kill someone? Why don't I kill you? Right here. Right now." He said as he tightened his grip on Aki's throat.

"Takeo!" A voice suddenly called and Takeo was ripped away from Aki. Aki coughed violently as he sat up. Kazuko was crouching in front of her cousin with a worried expression. Takeo looked up to see you staring down at him with wide eyes. You looked up at Aki and rushed to his side to help him. Takeo growled and stood up quickly. He grabbed hold of your wrist and forcibly pulled you away from the scene.

"(F/N)!" Kazuko called. You glanced back to see her about to run after you. Takeo shot her a dark look and she immediately froze. Despite all of your struggling Takeo didn't stop dragging you until you reached his apartment. He unlocked and opened his door and threw you inside. He slammed his door shut breathing heavily with anger. You looked up to stare into his Amber eyes that were now burning with rage.

A/N-
...Okay...so...I'm not really sure if that was a good chapter or not. I know it was confusing but trust me a lot of things will be explained in the next chapter!! I swear!! And also please tell me if you thought this was good or not. I'm not too sure about this chapter but it was all I could come up with. Well anyways that's all for now. Until the next chapter!! BYE~~~!