Chapter 11

Takeo glared down at you as he panted angrily. You shuffled away a bit before standing up off the floor. Takeo kept his infuriated gaze on you as you moved around. You glanced around to look for something to defend yourself in case he attacked.

"Why...?" You heard him mumble. You looked at him confused. "Why, out of everyone in the world, did you have to pick him to go to?" He asked.

"I-I...w-what was that all about...?" You asked shakily. Takeo stomped  over to you and you instinctively jumped to your feet and started backing away. Takeo continued to advance on you until he was close enough to latch onto your wrist. He dragged you to his room and forced you to stay still as he re-chained your foot to the bed. After he was finished he stood to his full height and glared at you.

"Damn it...are you trying to make me kill you?" He asked, angered. You flinched at his aggressiveness tone. Upon seeing you flinch away from him, Takeo instantly softened his gaze . He sighed and turned away from you, walking over to his bed. He sat down and ran his hand through his hair. You slowly sat down on the floor and pulled your knees to your chest. "That was definitely not how I wanted to see him again..." You heard him sigh quietly. You stayed silent for a while before gathering up your courage to speak.

"You knew Aki?" You asked quietly. Takeo glanced at you.

"Yeah...I haven't seen him in four years...he looked so different..."

"How did you know each other?" You asked. Takeo sighed and laid down, facing the ceiling.

"We used to be apart of Shadow Demons. He was the only one near my age at the time so we were sort of forced to be friends...we spent so many years together...we went through so much as a team..." He trailed off, turning onto his side, away from you.

"What happened?" You asked.

"He left...It was during a mission...we were getting rid of the evidence and he looked really upset. I asked him what was wrong and he started talking about how he wished things were different. I tried to ask him what he meant but then the police sirens started blaring. We stared at each other for a second before bolting in opposite directions. The next day he didn't meet at our usual spot. Or the next. Or the next...I kept waiting for him to show up for a damn year. He never came back, though. I had figured that he was either dead or he got caught and put in jail. But all this time, he was alive and living a normal life. He left me alone. All alone in that damn organization. Heh...what an ass." Takeo went silent after that. You stayed quiet for a while, thinking over Takeo's story. You continued to contemplate his words before sleep slowly took over. You drifted off into a dreamless sleep, unaware of the brunette staring at you.

Takeo stared at the girl, asleep on his floor. The image of you looking at him with such a pained expression was stuck in his head, making guilt overshadow most of the anger he was feeling earlier. But still, he felt a hint of rage directed towards his old friend. He remembered the way you smiled so genuinely at him when you were greeting him. His jaw tightened as he suppressed a growl.

Damn it. Why am I so angry over this?!

It's not like you have a chance with her... Aki's words repeated in his head. Takeo gripped his bed sheets to keep himself calm.

The hell does he know? I could have a chance with her...wait...No, NO, NO! I can't be thinking about her like that! I-I've just been assigned to kill her...that's it. He scanned his eyes over your sleeping features. Your face was relaxed and your hair fell in front of your face, slightly. He found himself relaxing a bit, the longer he stared at you.

She doesn't deserve to die.

I-I don't want to kill her though...she...she didn't do anything to deserve to be killed...she can't die... The memory of you giving him your hoodie flashed through his mind. Your timid expression. Your shaking hands as he took the hoodie. He remembered it so clearly. It gave him such a warm feeling. She was so sweet to me...a stranger... He stood up and walked over to his closet. He opened the door and immediately spotted the (F/C) piece of clothing. He lifted the hoodie and walked back to his bed. He sat down and ran his finger over the fabric. He raised it to his nose and inhaled deeply. It still smells like her... He though. He sighed, as the scent seemed to calm him. He kept the hoodie near his nose for a while, occasionally sniffing it again, before he put it on. On you it had looked oversized and large. On Takeo's larger frame it just about fit perfectly. He sighed and snuggled into it's warmth. He glanced at you again and walked over to your sleeping form. He crouched in front of you and moved your hair out of the way. His had stayed on your cheek for a bit before he rested his forehead gently against yours.

Im sorry..." He sighed. It was barely audible. "I'm sorry for everything I've done to you. I regret everything. I don't want you to be locked up here. I don't want you to hate me. I don't want you to look at me with that scared expression of yours. It hurts me so much. I wish it didn't. I wish I could just kill you and get it over with but...I guess that's not possible." He opened his eyes to stare at you in silence. He wanted to wrap his arms around you but he didn't want to wake you up. Slowly he brought his face close to yours and connected your lips together. It was a soft and gentle kiss and Takeo absolutely loved it. He pulled back and waited to see if you would wake up. He sighed in relief when you didn't. He smiled fondly at your sleeping form.

Do you really think she'd like you after you attempted to kill her? He frowned as he remembered Aki's question. Rage built up inside him.

He doesn't deserve those smiles you gave him. He doesn't deserve your kindness. He doesn't deserve you. And he won't have you...

Not as long as I'm around.