Chapter 4

Your eyelids felt heavy as you slowly woke up. You decided to keep your eyes shut in attempts to fall asleep again.

What happened? You thought trying to remember what had been going on before you had fallen asleep. I remember...the stranger that I gave my hoodie to...Takeo...he took me to that restaurant and...what happened after that...and where am I? Your thoughts were stopped abruptly when you heard the sound of footsteps. You tensed up a bit as you attempted to look asleep. You heard the noise of a door shutting and what appeared to be something being put down.

"Alright. Let's get this over with..." A familiar voice sighed. "Get up." The voice ordered followed by an aggressive shove to your shoulder. You refused to open your eyes out of fear. "Hey, I said get up." The voice got noticeably more agitated. You received a few more shoves. You gave no response. "Get up, damn it!" And after that final order you received a hard blow to your stomach. Your eyes shot open as the air got knocked out of you. You coughed multiple times as you tried to regain your breath. After regulating your breathing you looked up with pain filled eyes to see Takeo standing in front of you with a sadistic smirk. "There. That wasn't so hard was it?" He mocked.

"T-Takeo...? B-But I...how are you...why..." You tried to form words but Takeo cut you off with an exaggerated sigh.

"I see you're too dense to connect the dots. I guess since this is your last day alive I'll be nice and explain." He said.

"L-Last day alive...?" You echoed warily.

"I am Takeo Miyoshi. Shadow Demon's top assassin." Takeo went on ignoring you. You stiffened. "I was recently assigned to assassinate a certain girl from Blue Blade. What was her name...oh yeah! (Y/N) (L/N)." He said mockingly.

"B-But I'm not-" You tried to interject.

"Oh cut the crap. I know who you are. Seriously? (Fake Name)? You couldn't come up with something better than that?" He chuckled sadistically. "So (L/N). Hopefully you can put two and two together now."

"Y-You...You're here to kill me...?"

"Ding, ding, ding! Correct. Let's tell her what she's won!" Takeo said. "Oh yeah! A bullet to the head." And with that a smirk spread across the brunette's face as he raised a revolver. Your eyes widened in panic and you started to stand up to retreat from the situation. Sadly as you started to stand you were immediately pulled back down. You looked to your ankles as you saw a short, thick chain and padlock wrapped tightly around your joint. You looked back to Takeo as tears filled your eyes. "Oh wow! Are you seriously gonna cry?" Takeo laughed. "You really are weak for the daughter of a mafia boss. But whatever. Any last words, Girly?"

"P-Please don't do this!" You pleaded desperately.

"God you're annoying. You can't really put all of the blame on me anyways. You're the one who found me and got aquatinted with me." He said. Your stomach knotted as you remembered your idiotic moves of giving Takeo your hoodie and agreeing to go to the restaurant with him. Your head dropped in shame. "Aww don't look so sad Girly." The cold feeling of metal met the skin of your chin as the muzzle of the revolver forced your head upwards. Takeo's face was right in front of yours. After a few moments of painful silence and staring his sadistic expression soon turned into a thoughtful one. "Hey. Can I ask you a question?" He asked not waiting for an answer from you. "Why did you give me your hoodie. I was just another random stranger to you so why be so nice and risk it?"

Y'know what? Screw it. Might as well buy myself a few minutes before my death. You thought bitterly. You took a deep breath and exhaled slowly. "I was just trying to be a nice person. My mom taught me that I should try to make other peoples day's even if I'm having a bad one. Clearly that backfired thought." You added the last sentence spitefully. Takeo stared at you in silence for a long while before shaking his head.

"Th-That's really dumb. But whatever it doesn't matter since you'll be dead in five..." He rose to his feet.

"Four..." He raised the gun.'

"Three..." You shut your eyes tightly.

"T-Two..." You heard the sound of metal clattering slightly.

"O-O-One...a-and..." You sat there shaking slightly as you waited for the pain to come but nothing happened. You slowly opened your eyes to see Takeo's eyes narrowed and an irritated look on his face. "D-Damn it...you're going to be a problem..." He started muttering to himself while you caught some short phrases like 'Damn it' or 'Shoot already'. You sat there silently awaiting your death refusing to look at the amber eyed male any longer. Suddenly you felt a sharp pain to your head. You heard one simple phrase before black dots clouded your vision.

"Why can't I pull the trigger?"

Takeo looked at the unconscious girl in front of him as he tightly gripped the revolver in his hand with a scowl. What's wrong with me? She's just a stupid person. An irrelevant idiot who has nothing to do with me. So...why can't I kill her. He sighed. Whatever. Maybe I'll be in the mood to do it tomorrow... He turned around and walked into his kitchen. He opened his fridge and pulled out a beer scowling. He glanced over at his shut bedroom door. She's the first person I couldn't kill...this is going to be a huge problem.