free

Time stood still..

I didn't ask for this.

I wanted everybody to be safe

I didn't mean to cause so much pain to people..

I felt the tears well up in my eyes when I saw Paige shoot Seth in the chest. There was no going back. As much as I wished I could have prevent this from happening I couldn't actually make it happen.

A whimper left my mouth watching him fall to the ground. "SETH!!" I yelled out still struggling to get out of the duct tape.

Paige stood there with an unexplainable look on her face. A face of regret and hurt.

Another gunshot rung off and my heart started racing faster.

And faster

And faster

Paige screamed out loud getting shot in her back by the police that had soon arrived after. I watched closely as she instantly died on the spot.

I feel like an angel who was finally set free. Free from all the madness.

Is this what being heartless feels like. I was actually glad that I wouldn't have to worry about her anymore.

I felt my chest tighten and my breathing hitched. I fell back in my seat.

The last words me hearing being "Lets get an ambulance! 2 are still breathing!!"

"Seth?"

---------------

"How long have you and her been together and how long had she been abusing you" My therapist says clasping his hands together and I stared directly into his eyes.

"A long time..and probably about a year I don't know everything's blur to me" I reply lowly.

"Okay, Do you realize how this all could have been avoided if you would have just left her earlier Ms April"

I chuckled and crossed my legs.

"Thats what everyone says but its not that easy...have you ever grown so close and attached to a person that makes you feel like somebody..No one has ever made me feel the way Paige has made me feel.......I was in love with her" I say my voice getting hoarse and I took a deep breath playing with my inhaler in my hand and looking down at my watch.

"She was my first love...."

"And when she hit me...It didn't feel like a hateful act, When she hit me I felt like our relationship would grow more, I never wanted to lose her"

"And it was worth it" I said throwing a smile on my face. He nodded his head and wrote me my prescription so I would be on my way.

------------

"Ow!"

"Easy tiger one step at a time" I say helping Seth into his apartment. I held his crutches and he held his chest where his wound was.

"Come on a few more inches and your in the comfort on your couch" I say helping him over to the sofa.

"Thank you" He says sitting down slowly and breathing heavy. I smile setting his crutches down and sitting down next to him, laying my head on his shoulder.

"Why am I breathing so heavy?"

"You just had chest surgery babe it happens" I say closing my eyes and smiling. He held my hand in his and rubbed his thumb on the back of my hand.

"This was all I ever wanted, and you" He says lowly and I look up at him kissing his lips. "Thank you...so much"

"I finally feel free..."

Times goes by living without you
Hope you know, I've been thinking about you
And I know, I know, I know, I know that they took you from your home
But your in my heart, so I know that I'm never gonna be alone.

The end 😉