8:Different Night Different Raid

I felt restless, and so bored. Not really wanting to fly with Firestorm and the fact that Star was too busy hanging out with Pheonix, I didn't get to fly much. Sure, Zap was supposed to fly with me too, but she's a busy dragon. I don't want to keep bothering her. I was only two days in and I was so ready to just die.
I shifted to my left, seeking comfort from Stardust, but no comfort was found. I lifted my head and looked around. There. She was sleeping next to Pheonix. Sigh. My days of being everywhere with her were over. Phoenix was that dragon now.
I slowly got up, spreading my wings. I then glided down, over top of some dragons' heads. When I reached the mouth of the cave, I didn't really have to get used to light, for their wasn't any. Just gray clouds, floating over the sky. It looked like they were going to burst with rain soon.
Heading to the pond to get a drink, I heard the scrape of claws on stone. Turning around I saw Firestorm. Not really caring to see him, I just kept on heading to the pond. I dipped my muzzle in, drinking in the fresh water. He came up right next to me, drinking the water too.
Then he lifted his head up and walked into the water. I lifted my head up, watching him. It was a cold day, since it was fall, but he just walked straight into that freezing water. Not really caring anymore, I walked off in a different direction.

"Pegasus!" I heard a yell come from the pond.

I turned around and saw Firestorm. He was looking at me intently, water dripping down his body. "Yes?" I said, trying to keep the anger out of my voice.

"You are relieved of having a flying buddy all the time."

I looked at him, my jaw dropped. "YES!!!! YES YES YES!" I said, so ready to fly. I lifted my wings into the sky, and gave them a good hard beat. Then, I was airborne. After two days of basically being a downed dragon, I was free. I felt the wind on my ears and wings as I soared and did flips and spins.

"Pegasus! Get back down here!"

I heard that yell from below. Oh no. I glided back down next to Firestorm. I looked at him, he didn't have a look of annoyance or anger, in fact he looked, amused?

"There is to be a raid tonight, in case you forgot. So don't wear yourself out. Okay?" he said firmly, but a glint in his eyes told me there were no harsh feelings, though that was quite the opposite on my side. I gave him a curt nod and turned away from him.
I stretched out my wings and burst into the air, heading out to get some food. I distracted myself about all the other night furies by hunting in the woods. The woods were good places to hunt, full of little rustling creatures. *rustle, rusttle!* I froze, turning around, I sniffed the air and opened my mouth. Letting the smells go over my scent glands.
I detected where the scent was coming from and what it was. Carefully and slowly, I walked over to a bush. It was definitely boar. I got up to the bush. Nothing seemed to be there now, but the scent was fresh. I put my muzzle to the ground and sniffed around the bush.
There, the boar is heading...this way! Okay, so....into this clearing, and...I looked up. There, right there were two boars! Okay I was still hidden behind a bush, if I tried to get through, then I would make a rustling noise. If I tried to jump, I would make a thud, if I tried to fly, my wings would make too much noise.
Really not a solution to this problem. Hmmm...oh! If I act hurt, then they'll think I'm prey. Okay, here goes.
*Roar, roooarrrr, roooaarrrr* It was working, the boars turned around and looked at me. They slowly approached me. I gave another agonizing roar. They came closer, I lay my head down, my squinted eyes watching them quietly. Then they charged, I got up and shot one, then pounced on the other one. My claws sinking into the hard hide. That, is satisfying.
I got off the boar and put it with the other one. Then I lifted into the air, and grabbed them in my claws. Beginning to start the journey back to my island.
I landed next to the pond, on a sunning-rock. Looking over I saw Pheonix and Stardust. They were chatting together and sharing a small pile of fish. And when I say small I mean small, like, six fish. They may have been eating earlier or something probably. A pang of sadness and jealousy hit me, but I ignored it and started chewing on my boar.
Firestorm then landed next to me on the rock, his scales just barely brushing mine. I got up, grabbed my food, and moved away. I could feel his sad gaze boring into my back but I ignored it and went over to the other side of the pond. Away from all the other night furies except one.

"Hi."

I looked over and saw Raincloud, he is Phoenix's brother, in case you forgot. He, right now anyway, is the only nightfury that isn't annoying me.

"Hi." I said back, I looked at him and all he had was a few fish. "Here, you'll need your strength for the raid." I said as I gave him the boar.

"Oh, ok. Thanks." he said back, grateful for the extra prey. "Hey, why aren't you hangin' out with Stardust?"

I gestured to her and Pheonix. "I think she's a bit busy right now, or always." I said, Raincloud seemed to get it. He looked over there with a loving glint in his eyes for his brother.

"They sure have been spending a lot of time together haven't they?" he said.

"I mean, yeah, even the dumbest dragon could see that."

"You think that's a bad thing don't you?" he said getting straight to the point, which surprised me.

"I mean, no, or yes, or...yeah your right. I just, I wish it was the good old days where Stardust would sleep next to me. When I didn't feel embarrassed or like I was intruding, to eat with her and Pheonix."

"I know what you mean. I miss flying with Pheonix all the time, but I'm happy he's able to fly now."

"How do you do it? Stay calm, I mean. I don't detect a hint of jealousy."

"I feel more happy than I do bitter. When life doesn't go your way, just put it in the past and learn from it. You should try it."

With that he walked away, his meal finished, my eyes following him in awe. How does a dragon keep that calm? I continued to chew on my food, I really should feel more happy than I do bitter but, I don't. Well, there is nothing I can do to change what's happening, the only thing I can do is get along with it.
I chewed on the tough boar for a while until I finished. I then just lay there unsure what to do until the raid.
"TIME FOR THE RAID!!!" Yelled Firestorm, stretching his wings. I got up and stretched mine into the air as well. I gave my wings a good push and soared into the clouds.
We got near Berk and split up into our squadrants. With my team following me I headed East. Pheonix didn't have a team so he flew with Stardust.
Once East and in my part of the town I headed into the clouds and waited. Suddenly fire broke out, that of a deadly nadder's.
"Zipplebacks, start up that gas and use your wings to steer it down into the village." the Zipplebacks did as they were told until a good bit of the east part of town was covered in gas. "Alright, gronkles , get down there. Zap, follow them." The gronkles stopped hovering and dropped down into the field. Zap then hid blue body in the gas, sniffing out humans.
"Alright, shield your eyes down there! Ok, the rest of you, FIRE!!!" all the dragons fired, even Zap who was down there, setting a lot of buildings on fire.
"Everybody, get down there!" I yelled as the sparks got closer.
"YES MA'AM!!!" they yelled back. Then they dove down. I charged down with them into the flames. I landed in the flames and started walking around, looking at the destruction.
*ROOOAARRR*
I froze, the agonizing cry of a night fury. I left my post and flew to the north side of the island. There was Rainstorm, being held down by a rope. I dove down, charging up a blast. Just before I could shoot an arrow was fired into Rainstorm's heart.
His wings, stopped beating, and so did his heart I stopped my shot but kept on diving, picking up his body before it hit the light and the ground.
I gave a sad roar and placed him behind a bush, I then went to play my part in the raid.
The raid was now over I went back to the bush and grabbed Rainstorm's body. Everybody flew up and left in one large group. I looked around and saw Pheonix. I left him be for now, wait until we're not over the ocean.
We were at our island the clearing piled with food, Firestorm went out and picked out 3 salmon. Then Stardust went out, she chose a deer and left. I went out, Rainstorm in my mouth. I put him down, his silvery-black scales shining in the moonlight.
"No, NOOOOOO!!" yelled a very distraught Pheonix.
"The humans did this. I tried to save him but I was too late, they had shot him with, THIS!" I said as I pulled out the arrow and violently spit it on the ground.
I turned back to Rainstorm and dipped my head, in mourning, respect, and as a friend.