12:Heat and Sparks

Me and Fire were soaring across an open ocean with a yak in our claws, heading toward the nest. This wood be our offering for a couple of days until she needed more food. I looked behind me and saw the moon as we flew. I looked at Fire who had the moon reflected in his eyes. Making them glow more than ever.
He looked at me and gave me a smile. I returned the gesture. As we looked ahead once more I thought of a way to play a practical joke. This yak is very heavy and hard to carry alone. I thought as I looked at both of our claws hooked into the yak.
I waited a few minutes before I decided to start what I had planned. I looked down, then looked at Fire and gave him another smile. He looked at me and started smiling as well, and that's when I dropped it. I let go of the yak and he immediately felt the weight. His face turned to shock before he started plummeting, struggling with the yak. I dived down after him.
He looked at me with annoyance as he struggled. I dived next to him and grabbed the yak with him. He looked at me with his nose scrunched up.
"What was that for?" he asked playfully.
"Nothing, it's just funny to watch you panic. You have the funniest expression." I replied.
He just snorted as I looked at him with a competitive smirk on my face. We flew forward again, it had been a while now. Feels like we've flying for hours, even though I know it hasn't been that long. We had flown so much my wings were straining, they were beginning to feel exhausted and limp.
A few minutes later I could start to see the fog up ahead, the protective barrier of the nest. With every passing moment we got closer until we entered. The dragons that guard the entrances were there. They saw us with our food and let us pass. They were generally only there for humans and rogue dragons that don't have the scent of dragons that serve the queen.
As we passed by I felt the stares of the Rumblehorn and Shock Jaw boring into our backs. We flew deeper into the fog, which was actually very hot and felt like acid on my scales. We neared the actual island and went into the volcano. We dove in through the top and dove down, dropping the yak. As soon as we dropped the yak down into what seemed like a bottomless abyss, I felt the eternal ringing in my ears soften. This meant I had another 4-5 days to bring in more food.
Fire and I flew through the maze like design and found the night fury platform. He landed first and I landed after him. The queen did not come out this time instead she waited for the rest of the dragons to fly by. I watched as all the dragons dispersed among themselves. I saw some dragons fly into a few tunnels. Obviously those dragons lived here.
Once the dragons cleared out the queen waited a few moments before letting out a dismissive roar. I had expected it but it still scared me and I lifted my wings and took off as fast as I could. I got caught in a flurry of dragons frantically flying away. I got knocked a couple times but kept going. I eventually caught sight of Fire a little bit in front of me. I burst out of the mountain top and started flying straight home.
I sped through the burning fog but came to a halt when I burst out of it. It was so refreshing and relieving to feel fresh air. It was still tainted with a salty tang, but nonetheless nice.
I heard another dragon flapping their way through the fog and spun around to see Firestorm. He flew over to me but I dived for the clouds before he could reach me. I waited for him above the clouds. He then burst through, looking confused.
"Sorry," I said " I just didn't want to get trapped in the dragon herd. " A few moments later the thundering flaps of hundreds of dragons could be heard. Fire then looked at me with relief.
"Oh," he said shaking his head, "alright then." he then let out a few heaving breaths. He looked like he had just had the wind knocked out of him.
"A dragon bump you?"  I asked.
"Yeah, got me good." He said regaining his balance and composure. He looked at me and I realised he had a bit of cloud on his nose.  I went up to him and gently batted it away. He snorted and I let out a laugh before turning around and heading home. He sped up and flew right next to me.
After about another hour of flying we reached our island. I landed in the clearing and went immediately up to the pond and started drinking the cold water. Fire came up behind me and started drinking as well. The wet, sloshy snow crunched under his claws.
When I finished I headed into the cave. I flew up to my little spot and laid down. I then watched as Fire slowly treaded into the cave. He jumped up and scrabbled at the stone. Eventually pulling himself up. He lit his fire and circled around. He then patted down the flames and laid down, closing his eyes.
I suddenly had a strange urge that I didn't want to fight. I got up and spread my wings. I flew over to his ledge and landed gently. He didn't open his eyes, as though he hadn't heard me.
I walked in and curled up next to him. Settling on the warm ground. He smiled and gently opened his eyes, putting a wing around me. I smiled back and laid my head down. Suddenly he gave me a gentle head butt. I opened my eyes confused and shocked. I looked at him weirdly.
"That's, for dropping that yak." he whispered. I stuck my tongue out at him and laid my head back down. He laid his head on mine and I nuzzled him. Sweet Fire. I thought as I drifted to sleep.

Soooo...what do you guys think. Got some nice development for those two. AWWWWWWWWWW!!!!!😄😄😄 I hope you guys liked it, I know it's a short chapter, but at least I'm working on getting the out once a week. Anyway, tootles my little hatchlings!😘