10:Let's Do It!

I looked out upon the clearing. There was a thin layer of snow, the grass just barely seeping through. I stepped into the clearing, shivering at the coldness. This was very unpleasant snow, it was mushy and cold. I kept on padding through the snow to the pond.
When I got there, there was a thin layer of ice. I gently put my claw near the edge of the pond. The thin ice broke, giving me room to drink. Instead of dipping my muzzle in, like I usually do, I lapped it up with my tongue instead.
The water was ice cold, mixed in with small bits of ice. Now I had quenched my thirst, but the water in my empty stomach, only gave me a bigger pang of hunger.
I headed away from the clearing, hopeful for something to eat. The river will be too cold, if I can't find anything later, then I'll fish. But right now, I guess whatever I can find. I silently thought to a myself while walking away. So I headed into the forest. Everything seemed to be frosted with gleaming wet, white. It wouldn't be to long until some real snow set in.
I put my muzzle to the ground, maybe I would be able to find at least a faint smell in this watery snow. There didn't seem to be anything, just the smell of water. I lifted my head up and kept trudging through the woods. Checking for a scent every once in a while.
I still couldn't find anything. Giving up on trying to use my sense of smell, I decided to use my hearing. Echolocation would be a key factor as well. I eventually found myself wandering into a clearing. Seeing the sky I instinctively spread my wings and flew into the sky.
A strong beat was all I needed, then I, was in control of the skies. The wind binding to my power. I sent out my echoes, there didn't seem to be anything. Animals must be in hollows. I registered to going back to the ground.
I stumbled through the woods, tripping over branches every now and again.
I was so COLD! Falling in a bunch of wet muddy snow, wasn't exactly ideal. I could feel the iciness seeping into my scales, uncomfortably trying to break through.
Sniffing the ground again some water went up my nose. Causing me to sneeze. I decided to bring out my echolocation, large high pitched roars were herded out. What came back was a bunch of large unmoving blobs. Trees...there has to be something out. I kept on sending it out and walking, when a little moving blob popped in. I set to sniffing the ground in the direction the echo had come from.
A few minutes later, I could smell something! With all the snow and water, I couldn't make it out, but it smelled like meat and food. I followed the trail as it got stronger, until it was hard to bare. Realizing that whatever that smelled so good, must be really close.
Carefully, I tread, making no sound whatsoever. I looked around and sent out my echolocation one more time. It came back showing that the animal was about a yard or two away. I slowly creeper up next to some bushes, and silently I sniffed again. Then I saw it.
A rabbit! It was a mildly the plump rabbit. It was still brown, waiting for its winter coat to come in, which was partly there. You could see small streaks of white fur merging with the brown.
I waggled my rump once or twice getting my legs ready to leap. That's when I jumped, pouncing on the small rabbit, instantly breaking it's neck. I tried not to tear it apart, so the small bits of nutrients in there wouldn't be shredded.
I lifted into the air, because I was wet from the snow, the air pushing against me felt cold. Still, I flew on. I reached the camp where it was getting sort of crowded with dragons getting water and taking off for food.
Looking around I couldn't find Fire and wondered if he had taken off already. I entered the cave which still had dragons sleeping in the little caverns in the main cave. I went over to Firestorm's cavern and flew up onto the ledge outside of it. There I saw him sleeping peacefully, almost.
A loud snore could be heard echoing through out the little cave. My nose wrinkled up in amusement. My tail beating the ground. Thud! Thud! Thud! Was the noise my tail made. Beating against the hard ground happily. The thudding of my tail must of woken him because he woke up.
His deep yellow eyes paralleling my own. He looked at me pleasantly and sat up stretching.
"What can I do for you?" He asked, his voice still bleary.
"I brought you some food. It's not much, but it took a while to find." I muffled with the rabbit still in my mouth. Trotting over to him, I laid down, offering him some of the rabbit.
"Thanks Peg." he said, splitting the rabbit in two with his powerful claws. He gently shoved the rabbit haunches towards me.
I swallowed them hole, it hardly filling my belly. He then gulped his down, licking his muzzle trying to get all the droplets of blood cleaned up.
I laughed and purred in amusement, my muzzle crinkling up again.
"You look so weird sometimes!" I purred. Fire was just so silly and he didn't realize it.
"Do not!" He snorted.
"Do too! ...Now we sound like squabbling hatchlings."
"...We kind of do don't we?" he laughed. His laughed echoed throughout his nest. It made me shake my head and snort. I jumped up and headed out of the cave. Fire got up and followed me.
Outside of the cave, most dragons had left leaving the clearing empty. A squeaking was going off in the back in my head, telling me it was almost time for me to bring in food.
"When do you have to bring the queen food?" I asked.
"But about, tomorrow morning."
"Same with me, want to go hunting tonight?" I asked him with mischievous eyes.
"Where are you thinking?" he asked confused.
"Well, the island we raided most recently probably isn't expecting a raid, since one happened not to long ago. But they've probably built up enough food for us each to bring something for the queen and for us to eat."
"...Alright. Let's do it!"