Chapter 2

I'm laying my room listening to music when I hear foot steps bounding up the stairs.i jump up quick trying to lock it before he gets in but it's to late.he bust through the door looking really mad. I can tell this isn't going to end and wishing brad didn't have work.
"You look just like her you little slut"
i start to back up slowly when he grabs my neck and slams me into the wall.i scream out in pain but,he slaps me and tells me to shut up. After 30mins feeling like hours of torture he leaves my room and I slid down the wall and start crying in pain and sadness.
20mins later i hear the front and footsteps coming up stairs. thinking he came back for another round I back to the wall and start whimpering.
"Ash?"brad says peeping into the dark room
"Brad!"i try to jump up to hug him but just slides back down and whimpers.
He walks into the room and comes over to me. He picks me up gently and hugs me.
"Hello my lil munchin"he chuckles teasing my shortness(no offense to anybody short)you see I'm only 4"4 and he's like 2 feet taller.
I try to hide my face from him hoping he won't see my bruises.
Suddenly I feel a finger under my chin as he lift my face
"What did he do this time ash! you have a black eye now"he says
"It's nothing brad its not that bad"
"Bullshit it's as big as my fist!!"he starts yelling.
"Shhhh! before he hears you I'm fine brad trust me."i say giving him my puppy dog face
"Ugh fine but after school your coming to work with me got it?"
"Yes but do I have to go"
He chuckles and nods before putting me on the bed and kissing my temple"goodnight my Cookie Monster"
He leaves and goes to his room and I fall into a dreamless sleep.