Chapter 9

Brads POV:
I looked over at ash to see her sleeping against the window.she looked so at peace,usually when I go in her room to check on her shes mostly whimpering and moving around in her bed.i guess now that we're away from Chris she can finally set her mind at ease.
I pull up to Jessica's house and get out.after unbuckling ash's seatbelt I left her out the car and go up to the door.after unlocking the the door I go inside and lay ash on the couch.jessica comes out of the kitchen and looks over at ash's 4"9(yeah i changed her height cause someone told me she's to short) figure.i motion for her to be quiet and lead her back into the kitchen.
Jessica is a petite girl but taller than ash .she has a tan and dark brown hair that goes to her mid back.
"So mind telling me why you guys are taking refuge in my house?"she said half joking.
"I just don't want her in that house constantly in danger it's stressful"i replied running my hand through my hair.
"I don't understand why you just don't put her in foster care."
"She won't survive a lone in a foster home she's to paranoid and she's the only thing I have left."
She smiles and kisses my cheek"I'm going to bed you coming."
"Yeah let me get her bags out the car."she nods and heads upstairs
I head outside to see Carlos leaning on my car.he used to be one of my friends in the gang now he's more like a god brother to ash.he was a lot of help when I went to work and she was at home alone.
"Hey wassup man .what are you doing here?"
"Thought I come and visit my favorite god bro and sis.also found this on your car,please tell me your not doing anything stupid brad."he said with a sigh
"Actually,you'll have to take a rain check on visiting ash she asleep right now.would doing something stupid to keep ash safe count."
"What have you gotten yourself into now!i swear if she get hurt I'm coming after u brad."
"I know you will and I promise she's safe."
"Ok I gotta go bro see you later."he said and walked off
Sighing I grab ash's bags and go in the house.
After setting everything down i look at the paper in my hand.i unfolded it to see it was a note from the fire tribe
"meet us at the warehouse tomorrow we need to talk to you be there by ten"
I wouldn't be doing this if it wasn't to keep ash safe. suddenly feeling exhausted i walk up stairs and go to bed.