Chapter 10

ash POV:

I woke up to the sound of shuffling feet. I look up aimlessly around the unfamiliar room and bed. Where am I? I soft knock comes from the door and Brad walks inside. "Hey my little munchkin. How you feeling?" he asks as he sits next to me. "good, where are we? Are we at Jesse's?" I ask. He nods his head and gives me a hug. "We're away from him now, he can't hurt you anymore. Nobody can." he says letting out a sigh"but what if he finds us,brad I don't want to go back."I feel a tear run down my cheek "he won't find ash I promise ok?" while wiping the tear away. I nod and look down at the cover that was hiding my pale skin."now how bout we get some food into you,yes?" I just nod and throw the covers off me and standing up."can I ride on your back?"I ask while giving him the puppy eyes ."ugh,ash you know I can't say no to that face."he groaned and crouched down so I could get on. when he stand back up he adjusted me so I wasn't choking him. once we got downstairs I see a girl with long Brown hair dancing around the kitchen singing into a whisk "is that Jessica ?"i whisper looking at her in amazement and curiosity .

"Yeah,don't worry she'll love you."he sets me on the island and wraps his arms around her waist. she lets out a little yelp of surprise .he whispers something in her ear and turns around to face me. "love meet ashley" I give her a small before she starts running towards me. I squeak and hide behind brad."I'm sorry I didn't mean to scare her"she says a little sadly . "it's ok she just isn't used to people yet." brad says to her "come on ash at least say hi." I step out from behind him and say hi to her. after a few minutes brad speaks again "well,i got to go out so you guys have fun." he whispers something in Jessica's ear before he comes over to me. "be a good girl and I'll bring you a treat when I come back,ok?" I gasp and nod my head quickly .he smiles and kisses my forehead before he heads out the door.