Chapter 3

Enjoy this, y'all

Feedback is appreciated.

Xog

Warning: Homophobic slurs

---

When Raphael finally reached home, he opened the door with a dopey smile on his face and a tingly feeling in his stomach. He plopped down in his bed, shrugging his jacket off and tossing it haphazardly to the floor. He crossed his feet and sat on them, pulling out his phone and setting up his laptop. He raised his left arm, his heart doing leaps as he typed the number written on his arm into his phone. His thumb hovered over the message button, before he realized that this was stupid. Clearly, Simon wanted him to text or call him if he'd given him his number.

He took an unneeded deep breath and typed out a message. "Hey, Simon. It's Raphael, from the comic store? Anyway, wish me luck! I'm going to be watching Star Wars. :D" He sent, inwardly cringing at the emoticon he placed without meaning too. Ah well, too late to take it back.

Next, he backed out of Simon's contact that was totally not 'Simon' with 3 or 12 heart eye emojis and glittery hearts. Ugh, he felt like Magnus. He opened Magnus' contact, his smile growing wider as he began to type to his best friend. "Hey, Mags. I just wanted to say thank you for sending me to that comic store. Thanks to you, I met the guy of my dreams. Knowing my luck, he's probably as straight as can be. But thanks to you, he's in my life now." He cursed himself for being such a sap, he knew his best friend would bathe in that.

"Awe, Rapha, you're so welcome! Thanks for going for my Alexander, we owe you. I want to hear all about Alec's coworker, isn't it Samantha, Sam? Stan? 'S' something."

Raphael rolled his eyes. "It's Simon."

Speak of the devil, after Raphael sent that, his phone buzzed again.

However it wasn't Magnus, it was Simon.

"Yay! You're gonna love it, Rapha. I promise you will. Text me how it goes. :) I'm gonna sleep, the shifts always exhaust me." Simon had also attached the cutest photo of him holding his thumb up with a happy grin on his face. He also had dark bags under his eyes, but that didn't matter. To Raphael, he was still the cutest person alive.

Raphael smiled. "Will do, Si."

See, Raphael had somehow always known he wasn't like the rest. When he entered high school, he began to notice more than just women. He would find himself checking out the men in the locker room. He would find himself drooling over their chiseled abs and their perfect jawlines. He often found girls attractive as well, but not as much as he did men. Raphael was biromantic, but man, he was a flaming homosexual.

He opened his laptop and launched Netflix, typing Star Wars into the search bar. He had absolutely no idea what movie came first, there had to be at least 12 different movies! (or so it seemed.) So he did what any normal person would do, googled which one was the first in the series. He closed the tab and kicked back in his bed, pressing play on the movie that he found out was first.

Throughout the entirety of the movie, he found himself thinking of Simon. Comparing the characters to him and analyzing the dialogue for what Simon had told him to expect. He also imagined Simon laying right beside him, his arm around the other and their feet tangled. God, he hated feeling this way about someone he just met. But he couldn't control it. Simon was different. He was cute, outgoing yet introverted somehow. He was nerdy and into the things that Raphael wasn't, but he now wanted to be into them too. He was the opposite of Raphael, but that's what made it all so much better. After all, opposites attract right? Just look at Alec and Magnus.