Chapter 2

Layla finished her shift, and removed her apron she wore for her work ad placed it in the store cupboard. She slipped on her green jacket and zipped it up tight, it was a cold night after all. Layla went into the kitchen and tried to say goodbye to her other workers but they all ignored her and carried on chatting. They weren't nice to her because they didn't think she was worth any of their time. She was so quiet and shy, they knew she wouldn't be rude to them for ignoring her. 

She sighed and walked out the Taco bell door to head home. She lived in a little house with her mom and she knew her mom would probably be asleep because it was so late. She went in her house and got changed into a baggy top and shorts and got out some left over pizza, to sit down and eat on her couch. All the time she just couldn't stop thinking about how she had met Hakeem Lyon. She was in complete shock as she sat down and ate her pepperoni pizza slice. She didn't think she would ever get a call, he had been out partying all night he probably got loads of girls numbers. 

She didn't have many friends at school, or at her work so she didn't know who to tell about the amazing thing that had just happened. All of a sudden her mobile phone started ringing next to her. She jumped in surprise and picked it up to see who could be calling at this time of night. 

There was a number she had never seen before, and she felt nervous who it could be but she swiped across anyway and held the phone to her ear. 

"Hello?" She asked into the phone. 

"Is this the sexy ma from Taco bell?" A slurred voice asks on the other end. Layla gasped. 

It was Hakeem Lyon. She could recognise his voice from his songs on the radio and from early when he had whispered in her ear. 

"I served you earlier I think," She said shakily into the phone. 

"Well boo some of my friends got into a fight and the cops were called so I had to hide in this bush outside taco bell," Hakeem said hiccuping a little bit because he was so drunk. 

"That aint good," Layla said not sure what else to say, butterflies forming in her stomach like crazy. 

"Then after the cops were gone and I was about to get out the bush I saw you leave and I saw your fine ass and followed you home, I know that sounds creepy but I couldn't help," He said sighing.

Layla was even more shocked than before she couldn't believe that Hakeem had followed her home. 

"Oh my god, where are you now?" Layla said. 

"Outside your front door listening to your voice through the peep hole," He chuckled to himself. 

Layla choked on a piece of her pizza, her eyes widening. She didn't know what to do, she was wearing old clothes and stuffing pizza in her mouth, she couldn't open the door to Hakeem. 

"It's kinda cold out here," He hinted and Layla suddenly remembered he was on the other end of the phone. 

"Do you want me to open the door?" Layla asked, reluctant to let a really hot famous rapper see her in house clothes with pizza breath. 

"Yeah babe, I'm freezing my butt off right now," He says and she hears a thud at the door. 

Oh no, she was gonna have to open it before it woke her mom. She got up and headed to her front door wiping her mouth self consciously. She pulled it open and found Hakeem stood with a few leaves hanging off his clothes. 

He had a big smile on his face and was gripping an empty bottle of vodka. 

"Hey babe," He said loudly.