Chapter 10

It is so beautiful in Hawaii, bright green lush palm trees, and sandy deserted roads. I was in absolute awe as me and Hakeem drove in our limousine from the airport. I can't believe how lucky I am. 

Not only that, but I didn't realise how far the news of me and Hakeems new relationship had spread. Almost as soon as we stepped off the air plane paparazzi was surrounding me, with flashing cameras and microphones asking questions, and welcoming me to the country. I felt a little bit overwhelmed, but Hakeem put his arm around me and protected me from all of them. 

We drove straight to Music Fest, and we drove past the front of the venue, to get to the dressing rooms. I couldn't believe my eyes. Hundreds of thousands of people spread across the beach, a sea of faces. They are waving banners, holding flags and screaming and shouting and cheering around a big circular stage that is surrounded by tall palm trees. Huge speakers blast out music on either side, playing music from the artist on stage. When we pulled up Tiana was performing her first song, wearing a bikini top and a pair of denim shorts, her hair falling in big black curls around her head. 

I was a little nervous, not only am I performing at the biggest music festival in the world, but Hakeem's ex-girlfriend is here. I am trying not to worry though, he makes me feel so special, he wouldn't ever go back to her. Would he?

I am sat in the dressing room, in front of a round mirror with lights all around it. A makeup artist applies a shiny nude lip gloss to my lips and a hairstylist is combing out my hair. They have straightened out my long wild curls and my hair is in a smooth sleek middle parting. I am wearing a nude bodysuit and a pair of knee high white leather boots that make my short legs look very long. They have placed a small fur bomber jacket on m and a thick glittery choker. 

The team of stylists finish off preparing my look and step backwards. 

"Thank you ya'll," I smile at them. 

"Your welcome hun," The makeup artist says folding up her brushes. 

"You look gorgeous, why don't you go show Hakeem," The pretty hair stylist suggests. 

I am performing my first song in five minutes, then Hakeem is coming out onto stage, and we are performing his song Drip Drop together. I am so nervous, but I can feel my stage fright gradually decreasing. With each performance it goes away a little and I can't help but smile with happiness at how much my confidence has grown. 

His dressing room is only a few doors down from mine so I think I have a little time to go and see his handsome face. 

I really am catching feelings for him. 

I walk out into the corridor and I can hear that Jamal is singing a slow song on the piano on stage now. He's such a good singer, but I wander where Tiana is now, she might be wandering around too, I hope I don't run into her that could be very awkward. 

I push open the white door with a gold plaque on it that says: "Hakeem Lyon". 

I cannot believe my eyes. 

Hakeem is sat on a white armchair that is up against the wall. He is wearing a tropical patterned shirt with matching shorts and a pair of gucci flip flops. Sat on top of him is Tiana Brown. Tiana Brown. Kissing my boyfriend. There lips locked together his hand in her hair and hers on his chest. 

She moans as he moves his hand down to her bum.

My stomach drops right to my feet. Every inch of me is taken over by pure, utter, raw sadness. I feel like I can't move or speak. I am glued to the spot watching the first boy I have fell in love with make out with his ex before the biggest performance of my life. 

The sound of the door handle slamming against the wall makes the pull away breathlessly. 

Tiana looks up first, an evil malicious smile on her face. 

Then Hakeem looks up, Tiana's lipstick smeared across his plump lips. 

"Layla!" He exclaims jumping up from the armchair, Tiana tripping slightly. 

Tears burst into my eyes, but I need to keep them back in order to not smudge my delicately applied makeup. 

I stare at him my gaze cold and my heart heavy. 

"What the fuck?" I whisper distraught. 

"Baby, it's not..." Hakeem says but I cut him off. 

"I can't believe you would do this to me," I say looking into his brown eyes. 

"Sorry baby girl, guess your too trashy for him," Tiana shrugs carelessly. 

"Shut the fuck up, T!" Hakeem says then turns back to me. 

Then I notice Jamal has stopped singing, and I need to get on stage. 

I am not going to let him ruin this for me. 

I turn around to head to the wings and her grabs my arm trying to pull me back. 

"Don't!" I say and yank my arm free. I can hear him running after me, but I don't care anymore. 

I am in the wings, and member of the stage crew hands me a microphone. It is covered in pink rhinestones and glimmers in the light of the sun. She then grabs me by the shoulders and pushes me out on stage. 

I am supposed to be performing the song from the Award Ceremony. I can't though, I am too angry and upset. 

I look out into the expectant crowd, that is screaming and cheering, the hot sun shining down on me. I bite my lip nervously. 

All I keep hearing is: "You're too trashy for him."

I have another song, that I wrote, it's quite different from the rest, it's sassy and crazy and sexy.  I turn my head and see Hakeem and Tiana in the wings, Hakeem looking worried and Tiana looking triumphant. 

I can't let her win. I am ready to do the "Bad Bitches" song. 

I place my hand on my hips and begin, "These bitches must be crazy if they think I care, Fake ass girls with their fake ass hair, I could pull out your weave with my pinky finger, and you can't hold a tune but you claim you a singer, Hahaha you girls are so funny, So do me a favour and move along, because this is a bad bitches only song."

The live band was confused at first but now they have found a steady beat and they are playing along with me as I move around the stage, dancing and flipping my hair like crazy. 

I sing into the microphone, "This is the bad bitches only song."

The crowd is going crazy, reaching up onto the stage and screaming at the top of their lungs. 

I take a deep breath and stand up straight looking out across the beach. This is so crazy, I feel so good, but so sad at the same time. 

Now its' time for my song with Hakeem, so he's walking out onto stage, but for some reason Tiana is following him.