Chapter 11

Hakeem and me are supposed to be singing a love song duet. I am not singing with that boy, never ever, not after what he has done.

I stand there my hands on my hips staring at them both as they walk out. I can hear cheering but confused mumbles coming from the huge crowd that surrounds us.

"This is awkward huh?" Tiana says laughing, "Sorry guys but its me and Hakeem doing the duet."

The crowd begins to boo and and throw things onto the stage at Tiana, this evil witch is getting what she deserves.

"Get the fuck of the stage T, its me and Layla," Hakeem snarls at her.

Every piece of trust for him has gone. There is no point in him defending me now when he was sticking his tongue down her throat a few minutes ago.

"No no Keem, you perform with her, because there is no chance you are doing it with me," I spit into the mic.

The crowd is even more confused now. Let me clear it up for them.

"Hakeem Lyon is a cheat," I explain, "Just before our debut performance, he was making out with his ex Tiana Brown."

The crowd was completely silent hooked onto my every word.

"Baby..." Hakeem tries but I cut him off.

"Don't bother," I say shrugging.

I don't want to cry on stage so I drop my microphone and run off trying to stop my tears from falling.

As I enter the wings I see Cookie, and almost the whole of the crew surrounding me.

"Is it true?"

"That's disgusting!"

"I am shocked."

"I thought they were over months ago?"

I am overwhelmed and I don't know what to say or do, but I feel a strong female hand grab me from the crowd.

I look up and see Cookie as she pulls me into the dressing room where I sat just minutes ago.

I fall back into the chair tears streaming down my face, finally letting my emotions show.

"I swear to god I am finna murder that boy!" Cookie screeches slamming a fist against the wall.

"Me too," I sniffle as she plucks a tissue from atop the dressing table and hands it to me.

"He finally found a good girl, you aren't a thot, you are gorgeous, you have a good heart, and he fucks it up! For that hoe!" She says rolling her eyes.

"What do I do Cookie the whole trip is ruined," I sigh into my tissues.

"You don't do anything baby, you let me deal with this," She says as she folds her arms and exits the door slamming it behind her.

Layla was left sitting there her head in her hands. Just as she began falling for Hakeem he cheated on her. This whole trip was supposed to be about the launch of them two as a couple.

Just as she lifts her head Hakeem enters the room slowly.

Layla can barely bare to look at him any longer.

He crouches down so they are eye to eye and takes his hands in her tiny ones.

"Baby I am so so so sorry, I don't know what came over me, I fucked up so bad," Hakeem whispers.

"I don't want to talk to you Keem, you ruined everything," Layla responds fresh tears forming.

"What can I do to make it up to you baby," Hakeem asks desperately.

"Nothing," Layla responds emptily, "Please just go."

So Hakeem stands up and walks out his fists clenched and his whole body tense with anger and guilt.

Layla remembers she is supposed to be going to the Music Fest after party on the beach. Even though Hakeem has ruined their relationship he won't ruin her chance to meet other people in the industry.

She looks at her beach party outfit in its bag and decides that she is going to go to it anyway.

So she pulls on her white swimsuit and silver and white adidas superstars.

She takes a deep breath and sets off to the party.