Chapter 5

Before Layla knew it she was sat in a big glass conference room at a long black table. She was sat on a leather seat at the head of the table and surrounding her was the Lyon family. On the walls were pictures of world famous super stars that were all signed with empire. Lucious sat at the other end of the table his arms folded and a smile on his face. Cookie sat next to him in a big beautiful fur coat along with Jamal, Andre, and Hakeem. 

Layla was overwhelmed, the most powerful family in the country was sat in front of her on a table. She took a deep breath in and smiled to try and make a good impression on this amazing family that was in front of her eyes, while she felt nerves fill her whole body. 

"Hakeem I see what you were saying, she is a real gem," Lucious stared at Layla his head tilted to the side.

"She ain't a gem Lucious she a superstar!"Cookie exclaimed waving her hands dramatically. 

Layla blushed with happiness, she couldn't believe that this was happening. Cookie Lyon has just called her a superstar. 

Then the room fell silent and Layla was left a little bit uncomfortable as they all stared at her intensely. 

"Ok Layla," Lucious broke the silence and Layla relaxed a little bit. 

"Wer'e signing you boo!" Cookie screamed clapping her hands together. Layla's heart soared she was in utter shock. 

"Jesus, Cookie I wanted to say that," Lucious rolled his eyes, "We want to sign you, we want you you to release an album by Christmas, and perform at our annual Christmas Ball we hold. We are going to move you into your own house we have waiting, and go shopping, we are finding your style." 

Layla was in pure heaven, all her dreams were coming true at once and words could not describe the happiness she felt inside. 

"Thank you so much," She breathed her smile growing wider. 

"The hell you know about style Lucious," Cookie kissed her teeth, "Imma take you shopping."

"Don't matter who taking who shopping, it matters that you got an album to work on, so we want you in the studio Monday to Friday and promoting in the evenings, someone will take you to your house you can unpack then tomorrow come back and work on your album," Andre said seriously. 

Layla nodded, she was willing to work, willing to be the best and to try her hardest, at this album. Excitement fizzled inside her. 

"Don''t be such a downer Dre, we'll get you back to your new house," Hakeem smiled gently at her and stood up. 

"Congratulations honey!" Cookie yelled, and all of them smiled. 

They walked up to Layla and hugged her, and Layla thought she might explode with happiness. 

Jamal hugged her and stepped back. 

"Congratulations, you amazing, and I definitely want to sing on your album if I'm allowed," Jamal said smiling. 

"Of course!" Layla nodded crazily. Jamal Lyon had just asked to sing on her album. 

Lucious hugged her and said, "Welcome to empire." 

Then Cookie came up, "I can't wait to go shopping with you!"

Next Andre, "You ready to work? Then you'll do just fine!"

Hakeem handed her a white sheet of paper littered with writing and words, Layla barely read it, before her eyes flitted down to the dotted line she had to sign. Andre slid her a pen and Layla picked it up. Shakily she signed, her heart beating. The Lyon family clapped happily. 

"One more thing I need," Layla suddenly remember something, "My momma needs a house, a bigger one!" 

"Whats her name?" Lucious asked. 

"Caroline Jamieson," Layla responded. 

"We'll get her sorted," He winked, and Layla felt fully content. 

She had sorted her mom out and that's all that mattered. 

Hakeem took her hand and led her down to the reception where they had stood just a few minutes ago. People stared at her in awe and for the first time in forever Layla almost didn't feel shy. 

Hakeem looked down at her grinning, and bit his lip. 

"I can't believe I found you," He whispered. 

"Neither can I," She replied leaning into him. 

"Well a taxi should be waiting outside for you," He said. 

Layla didn't ever want to leave his side, but she guessed she had to. 

"I guess I better go," Layla said sadly. 

"Before you do," Hakeem lifted Layla's chin gently and bent his head down. He pushed his lips into hers and tasted Layla's soft sweet lips. 

Layla's eyes closed and she was in pure bliss. Hakeem pulled away and looked at her like she was an angel. 

"I'm sorry I had to do that," He whispered. 

"It's ok," Layla felt fireworks fly between them wildly. 

Then she heard a loud beep from outside and it tore them from their little bubble. 

"That's your car!" He said. 

"Bye!" Layla pulled away and waved as she ran outside the happiest she had felt her whole life. 

She pulled the taxi door open and drove away to begin her new life.