Chapter 3

Layla woke up the next morning which was a Sunday feeling tired and fuzzy. Sun came through her bedroom window and she hear her mom down stair bustling about getting ready for her work. She worked long hours as a nurse and poor Layla missed her mom often because she didn't' get to see her alot because she worked so much. She remembered meeting Hakeem Lyon in her dreams, and singing to him. Layla thought it must have been a dream, so as she rolled over to her side and checked her phone dreamily she couldn't help but smile at her amazing dream. 

As she scrolled down her feed on instagram she found a picture posted by Hakeem. She almost skipped past it until she realised it was a picture of her. She was suddenly wide awake and sat bolt upright in bed her mouth gaping. 

It wasn't a dream. 

There is a picture of her eating a piece of pizza with her back to the camera posted on Hakeem Lyons instagram. The caption was shawty with the heart eye emoji sat next to it. Layla clutched her phone and laughed in disbelief. It had a million likes beneath it and hundreds of thousands of comments. Layla clicked on them quickly. She read them and there were loads each saying something different: Hakeem struck lucky with that fine ass girl, wow she hot, another thot she'll be dumped by tommorow, who is that?, damn look at that booty, she got pretty hair, why she hiding from the camera?, so this his new girl?

Layla read them all crazily, but one in particular caught her eye. It was a comment about an article that had been posted online about the picture. Layla was almost having heart failure. She clicked on the link and it bought her to a page she had never seen before. It had the title: Hakeem Lyons found a new boo? Layla could see the picture of her at the top and tried to lap up the words as quickly as possible. 

It said: Hakeem Lyon posted a picture late last night after a crazy evening getting wasted in local strip club. The mystery girl is captured sat on the floor of a shabby looking room enjoying a slice of pepperoni pizza. Hakeem captioned the random photo with: Shawty . Leaving us with a million questions! Who is this girl? We don't know, as far as anybody know she is not signed at empire, and the caption of the photo leads us to believe that this is his new girl. 

However Hakeem issued a statement this morning to an interviewer as he stood sightly hungover, but with puppy dog eyes talking about his night last night. "I met this amazing girl, damn she was so fine and beautiful. I was drunk and we talked for a little bit and I honestly felt this connection, deeper than anything I have felt before. She sung to me and shit, her voice was like an angels. But I lost her number, I was completely wasted I lost her number and for shit I can't remember where she lives! I am telling anyone who know this girl, and if she ever hears this or see this, I want to meet you. Please come forward even if it's just so we can sign you, your voice is perfect!" 

So Hakeem Lyon is obviously head over heels for this girl but later revealed that he never even caught her name. Is this just a publicity stunt for his new album he is currently writing to make some more fans? Well check in tomorrow for new on Lucius and Cookies relationship status!

Layla read it and reread it again her heart beating out her chest. Hakeem wanted to meet her, Hakeem wanted to sign her to Empire!

She climbed out of bed frantically before she heard footsteps running up the stairs. Her bedroom door flung open and her mom stood in her nurse uniform grinning from ear to ear. 

"Your on the new!" She screams, "I should be mad you were sneaking around with boys, but baby girl you were on the news!" 

"The picture of me on Hakeems Lyons instagram?" Layla said her excitement rising with her mommas. 

"Yeah, as soon as I saw you in our front room I couldn't believe my eyes! Baby girl, I have to go to work but you get your backside down to empire and you put yourself forward!" Her mom went further in to the room and gripped her daughters hands tight. 

"And be careful of that Hakeem Lyon, he a player ok?" She kissed Layla on the cheek and ran out to the little car sat on the street and drove away. 

Layla had to get ready to go to Empire. She couldn't believe she was doing this, but it might be her one chance, her one opportunity to have something amazing in her life happen. Butterflies settled in her stomach as she tried to plan. It was going to be very hard to get ready because she was so excited. 

She went to her wardrobe and tried to find an outfit, the last time Hakeem had seen her she was in taco bell uniform, she didn't want an even worse impression, no way. 

She rummaged through her clothes and found a rose pink long sleeved crop top with a pair of matching leggings, Layla didn't have a lot of clothes and she bought the outfit at the mall last month with her wages and she hoped it would be ok. She put it on and sprayed herself with some Victoria Secret spray before slipping on some adidas trainers. Layla was excited and nervous as she combed her big curly hair and let it frizz past her shoulders. 

She picked up her bag and went downstairs in her small house to the little kitchen in the back of her house and picked up some breakfast bars to eat on the subway to Empire. 

As she gnawed on her breakfast bar she was still in shock that a new life for her was just waiting for her at Empire building run by the Lyons. A million questions ran through her head, about Hakeem especially. 

Once she finished eating she left the house and went to the subway to travel to Empire.