Chapter 8

The award show was over and Layla and Hakeem were the last ones left sat at one of the round beautifully decorated tables, sipping champagne.

"Everybody loved you, little ma," Hakeem said leaning back in his chair smiling at Layla.

"I'm so happy Keem, I can't believe this," Layla replied.

"We gon' be in the studio tomorrow," Hakeem said, "I already got some bars that I wanna spit."

"Can I hear them?" Layla asked.

"One good girl is worth a thousand bitches, With her imma share all my riches, I'm so savage to niggas but with her I'm kind, she's one of a kind, never off my mind, She just stay on her grind, and for that i'm grateful, she gon' keep me straight, never be hateful, her looks are killa, west side nigga shit now I'm singing caroline, but I guess you could say my bad thang is divine."

"Oh baby you, you got what I want, and when I heard you call me mine, you should have seen my smile, Oh baby you, you got what I want, and when I heard you call me mine, you should have seen me smile," Layla sang along after Hakeem had finished rapping.

"When I hear you sing, I fall in love," He said his eyes misted over.

"Keem I only known you for a little while," Layla knew Hakeem could be a bit of a player.

"But I'm in love with you, little ma," Hakeem said his eyes soft and his hand wrapped around Layla's small ones.

"Hakeem..." Layla didn't know what to say, she had butterflies all within her stomach.

Hakeem kissed Layla on the cheek.

"You don't have to say it back, baby, but just know that's what I think," Hakeem whispered in her ear.

"But baby, I know what you can be like," Layla said worriedly.

"Fuck all the hoes you the only girl I need," Hakeem said, "Let me take you somewhere special, since you my girl now."

"Where we going Keem?" Layla asked as Hakeem pulled her up from the table and headed to a door of the award show room.

"Shhhh, little ma!" Hakeem was laughing as he pulled open the door to reveal a stair case.

They ran up the stairs laughing until they burst through a door which lead them out to the roof of the building they had just been in. The view of New York was beautiful and Layla gasped at the sight.

"This is amazing," She breathed.

Hakeem let go of her and ran over to something that was round shaped with a blue plastic sheet covering it. He pulled the sheet off to reveal a hot tub that was bubbling and steaming.

"Oh my, Keem a hot tub on the roof?" Layla was flabbergasted.

"Lets get in!" He said unbuttoning his shirt and ripping off his jacket.

"Keem, I don't have a swimsuit with me," Layla said.

"Lets go in in our under wear," He winked.

"Keem," Layla felt nervous and looked down biting her lip.

"What is it, little ma," Hakeem was worried about her, as he stood in his calvin klien boxers and ran forwards to her.

"I aint very confident with my body," Layla admitted.

"Baby, baby," Hakeem sighed taking her hands, "You so dam fine, I can't believe you would ever say that when you so perfect. Look at Tiana she got a flat ass booty and she still be wearing those ugly little skirts and showing it off."

Layla giggled, cheering up.

"You so cute when you laugh like that," Hakeem said, "Now get in this tub with me."

Layla slowly slipped off her dress, and she was wearing a hot pink bra with little lacy knickers on. She climbed in the tub with Hakeem, and it was boiling hot.

Layla looked around at the beautiful view and felt so happy.

Then she noticed Hakeem was staring at her very intensely.

"Keem."

"Yes little ma."

"Why you keep staring at me?"

"Because you too damn fine, here I am tryna mind my own business enjoy the hot tub, and you over there looking all sexy and cute as hell damn it," He splashed a bit of water over her way.

"Hey!" She splashed some water back. Hakeem laughed.

"Lemme say something boo," Hakeem said.

"Okay Keemy," She said.

"Everything about you got me so fucked up. Your hair, your smile, your laugh, everything so cute. I aint the type to be crazy about someone, but then I met you. I never felt like this about any girl so quickly till I laid eyes on you. People say that I'm a player and shit, but I don't care. I just want to ask you if you'll be mine?" Hakeem questioned.

"Yes."