Chapter 4

The journey into central New York absolutely flew by in Laylas big brown eyes because all she could set her mind on was going to Empire, she didn't what would happen when she got there, she just had to go. 

She was outside the building looking up at it and all her hopes and dreams thrown into one place. Layla walked through the big golden doors to reveal an amazing reception. It was white black and gold with green potted plants dotted around. Layla looked around in absolute amazement at all the glamorous luxurious furniture surrounding her. Celebrities wandered about with assistants running behind them. Beautiful women sat on the white sofas sipping coffee and chatting quietly. 

Layla took a deep breath and walked forward to the reception desk where a pretty young lady sat chatting on the phone. Her hair was tied back in a sleek ponytail on top of her head, and her bright red lips were pursed tightly. Layla stood at the reception desk waiting for her to finish on the phone. 

The lady rolled her eyes as she slammed the phone down. 

"God Rihanna can be such a bitch sometimes, always begging to speak to Lucious like jeez he's a busy man he doesn't have time to sign her!" She moaned at Layla. She stood, she couldn't believe that Empire had just turned down Rihanna, was Layla in with a chance?

"Anyway, how I can I help you hun?" She asked crossing her arms and smiling revealing bright dazzling teeth. 

Layla didn't know where to begin. 

"You know Hakeem Lyon?" Layla asked, realising how stupid she sounded. 

"Yes this is the company his father runs sweetie," She laughed. 

"I know, well this probably sounds crazy but I'm the girl Hakeem met last night and put it on his instagram," Layla tried to explain. 

"Sorry babe your going to have to join the queue about 200 girls have come through those doors this morning, there are about fifty left that Hakeem needs to see, he's meeting people in that room," The women gestures behind her. There was a big queue of girls all waiting outside a white door which read "Meeting Room". 

Layla couldn't believe so many girls had come forward pretending to be her, she couldn't believe they would lie. The worse part was some people didn't even look like her. Some where white, and some were way taller or shorter or older or younger. But Layla knew this was just an obstacle and held onto the fact that when she met Hakeem he would know it was her. 

"Thank you," Layla nodded at the lady and went and joined the back of the queue. 

A really pretty tall black girl stood in front of her and when her eyes fell on Layla she screwed her nose up in disgust. 

Layla just stood strong and tried to keep her trust in Hakeem as she waited patiently. She twirled her hair in her fingers and bobbed her head to the music that was playing from speakers that hung off the walls. Layla kept telling herself everything would work out. 

Then all of a sudden the meeting room door flew open and Hakeem burst out. He looked hot, but very angry, his muscles tensed and his fest clenched. A group of people followed out behind him, looking stressed. 

"Man I'm so sick of this bullshit!" He yelled holding his head in his hands. 

"Calm down Keem," Someone from the group says. 

"No man, I been seeing these thots all morning fucks sake! They not the girl I met last night!" He turned around a began to storm towards the big entrance doors.

Oh no, Layla thought in her head. This was her chance and she was almost losing it!

"Hakeem!" She yelled, in desperation. 

"What now?" He shouted and turned around exasperated. 

Then his eyes fell on Layla, and his whole face softened, hi muscles relaxing an dhis face breaking int a big happy smile. 

He ran forwards to where Layla stood his eyes never leaving hers. She smiled with relief, he recognised her. 

He took her small hands in his and squeezed them tight, and Layla could feel sparks. He breathed heavily all his anger flooding away. 

"Is it really you?" He asked raising his eyebrows. 

Layla nodded slowly, "Layla," she said, "My name is Layla."

"Sing to me, prove it's really you," Hakeem whispered. 

By this point the music had been switched off and almost everyone in the reception was staring intently at the two who looked madly in love. 

Layla cleared her throat and sniffed just like before and opened her mouth. 

"I want some real shit, I need somebody I can chill with I need somebody I can build with I need somebody I can hold tight With the time and no full limits, no right Anytime we together would feel so right You the girl I been lookin' for my whole life, I dont want to be your wife, Baby I barel y known you a day, but when I went to sleep last night I wanted to say, Oh baby you, you got what I need," Layla finished singing and the whole room erupted into applause. 

Hakeem pulled her into him wrapping his harms around her waist and resting his head on her shoulder. 

Layla had the biggest smile on her face, and couldn't help but feel an over whelming love swell in her heart and consumer her body as this boy she barely knew but was known by the world hugged her tighter than she had ever been hugged before. 

"Come on baby, follow me," He said.