Chapter 7

Layla and Hakeem sat in the back of a white limousine with blacked out windows on the way to the award show. Layla looked gorgeous, her big curly was sleeked back into a low ponytail, with a middle parting. Her lips were a shiny nude colour, and her dress fitted perfectly on her body. Hakeem looked just as handsome, a silver suit with a white shirt underneath, and a bit fat silver chain with a "H" on it.

Layla turned to Hakeem as "Big poppa" by notorious big played on the radio.

"Hakeem you so handsome," She said smiling goofily. She was so excited and nervous. After they walked down the red carpet she would be opening the show with the song she sung to Hakeem after his drunken night.

"And you so fine," He smiled back at her stroking her thigh.

"Keem do you ever get nervous going on these red carpets?" She said letting a little bit of nerves show.

"Baby if you scared don't worry because anyone try something with you, imma kill them ok?" He said fiercely, "I'm protecting you always, don't ever forget."

"I won't," Layla said.

"But just to make sure have this, you'll always feel protected as long as you wearing my chain," Hakeem lifted it over his head and placed it round her neck gently.

"Oh Hakeem thank you," Layla rubbed her fingers over the gems.

Then all of a sudden the car stopped and the door opened, to reveal bright red carpet lined with paparazzi and crazy fans all screaming Hakeems names. Layla was in shock. Hakeem climbed out the car and helped her out taking her little hand in his and admiring her.

He locked his fingers through hers and turned to face the flashing light around them.

Layla could hear people yelling: "Who's that?" "She's pretty!" "Is that his new girl?" "Smile this way!"

Hakeem leaned in and whispered to her ear, "You look so fine, I'm so lucky to have you with me tonight."

This gave Layla all the confidence she needed as they walked down the carpet and smiled and leaned in for pictures with fans. Layla couldn't believe all the celebrities she was seeing, who were waving at Hakeem and introducing themselves. Each one she hugged, and told them they looked beautiful, or they wrote touching music, because she was so kind-hearted even when she was mixing with hip hop royalty.

They stop at a pretty young reporter with shiny blonde hair, who is holding a microphone and wants to ask a few questions.

"I need to ask what everyone is thinking here Hakeem, who is this mystery girl?" She lended the microphone to Hakeem.

"She's my girl," He replied simply.

Layla stood there feeling like a princess.

The women turned to a man holding a camera.

"Wow Hakeems new girl!" She said excitedly before turning back to them.

"Is that Hakeems chain?" She asked Layla.

Layla looked down and nodded still goofily smiling about being called Hakeems girl.

"Wow she's even wearing his chain!" She yelled over the screaming fan.

"Yo bet yo ass she is," Hakeem said and lead Layla further down the red carpet till they reached the end.

Then at the very top of the red carpet a rushed looking little woman with a head set takes Layla's arm.

"We need to get you on stage the show is starting in five minutes!" She squealed.

Layla's heart was pounding.

"Stay calm little ma, imma be in the audience watching, and remember if you feel scared then you have my chain remember?" He pulled Layla in tight and leaned into her face, biting his lip.

The whole of the red carpet was staring as Hakeem Lyon kissed Layla passionatley. His hands slid down her waist as he pulled away reluctantly.

"Come with me please," The lady tugged Layla's arm and pulled her away from Hakeem.

She was taken to the wings of the stage where there was loads of metal and black technichal equipment she had barely seen before. In her hand was a silver microphone covered in diamonds to match her dress. Layla was so excited, it was her moment.

Cookie stood next to her, waiting for the show to begin. Then Jamal walked out onto stage and the crowd filled with A-star celebrities all cheered.

"Welcome o the KMA Music Awards 2017!" He said into a microphone, "Please drink, eat, relax, win, and listen to some good music."

Everybody clapped again raising glasses of champagne.

"Speaking of good music, we have a new artist that Empire has just signed who will be opening the show. Please show so much love to Layla Jamieson!!" Jamal yelled clapping his hands together.

He took Layla's hand and led her to the centre of the stage. Layla felt so happy but nervous.

Jamal left the stage and Layla was stood there bright lights shining on her face.

She held the microphone to her lips took a deep breath and opened her mouth to sing.

"I was loyal to you and you wasn't even mine, and then you say to me baby girl you so fine, then we start dating again and all of a sudden you flirting, with girls I don't know and now all of a sudden I'm hurting, and I cant help but tell you you the worst, I know I'm blessed but right now I feel cursed, you crossed your heart and swore to death on your lies, but you broke your promises so I know you gon' die.

Does Loyalty mean anything to you bae, do you think about me at the end of your day, because baby all I do is stay up late night thinking bout you, all I do is spend time losing sleep over you, I tried to love you but its never enough, maybe that's why I never ever felt loved, you was so stupid and selfish, you stopped me from being anyone else's, you told all my family and friends "I'll never change her", but now you acting like a stranger, you called me our princess but you never treated me like royalty, I wonder did I ever have your loyalty.

Lord im finna ready to end it all, I just want him to lend me a phone call, a minute to hear is voice so I can cog back to normal again, I don't want him as a lover I need him as a friend, your sleeping with other girls, you said you liked my hair in curls, but now all the girls you with have that barbie doll hair, so now Imma change another part of my self I swear, you damaged me so much now all I do is cry, I saw you with some blonde I wanted to die, because I was never yours and you were never mine, but I was always yours and you were always mine."

She finished and the crowd erupted into applause, screaming, and clapping while Layla stood there smiling.