9

Because Louis felt sick, he hadn't bothered showing up at school the next day. He also didn't want to have to go to his lessons with Mr. Sheeran, but he didn't tell his parents that part. Instead, they talked in sad hushed voices downstairs about canceling plans for a young woman to come over and therapy sessions then left the house without a goodbye.

Lottie also stayed home today, and when Louis sees his little sister peek her head into his room, he buries his face underneath the covers so that they don't have to make eye contact. She waits for Louis to greet her, but he is silent as he waits for her to leave the room, so Lottie speaks first. "Everything okay?"

"You tell me." Louis responds hoarsely, his throat dry prior to throwing up an hour ago.

Crossing her arms snugly over her chest, Lottie walks further into the room and sits on the edge of Louis' bed, bottom lip quivering as she prepares for her next statement. "Louis, I noticed how much you threw up this week and- and I'm not trying to assume or anything-"

"I have a fever, what do you expect? Also, why do you care? You never bother to speak up about how I'm feeling around mom and dad, so why now?" Louis asks as he sits up in bed, and he watches as his sister shrinks under his gaze. "Because you want to help me in secret since you're scared that mom and dad will do the same to you, right?"

'You're making me sound selfish, Louis. You should be happy! Mom and dad care more about you than they ever will about me! If I tried to speak up, they'd tell me to shut up and mind my business anyways." Lottie says, her voice rising. "Everything is always about you. Mom and dad don't care about when or how I get home or-or who I choose to be with-"

"Yeah, well, must be nice." Louis snaps as he goes back to hiding underneath the covers, causing his sister's face to soften as she's struck with realization.

"Oh Louis, I'm s-"

"It's fine. Just leave me alone right now. Okay?"

And Lottie leaves the room without another word, and Louis doesn't know whether or not he's grateful that she listened or frustrated about how she didn't try a little harder. Either way, he feels lonely and wants Harry to get home already, so Louis grabs his phone from the bedside table and opens his messages with Harry.

Harry left him messages since this morning, telling Louis to feel better and that he would be home soon. The most recent one is about how he misses Louis and that class isn't the same without seeing his beautiful face. It's all so sweet, and Louis doesn't feel like he deserves it at all.

Louis: hi, i took the longest nap known to man.

It takes Harry only a minute to reply, thank god. And Louis appreciates how concerned Harry becomes.

Harry: Really? Is everything okay? How are you feeling?

Louis: not well, i dont think. how was school?

Harry: Talk to me. School was terribly boring, but Niall was there to keep me occupied; your friend Stella too. I'm on my way up the block and no one's at my house, shall I come over? ;)

Louis: a winky face, how scandalous. the only person here is lottie, though i doubt she'd say anything about it, so come. i'm in my room.

In the meantime, Louis decides to get out of his sweaty-smelling bed so that he could get in the shower. After all, he wants to smell like roses and vanilla when Harry comes over, though he still will continue looking like a sick, pale ghost.