11

The next day Louis comes back to school, it seems like people are walking on eggshells around him whenever they see him nearby. They greet him like you'd do to people at funerals, with both caution and gentleness, though it takes all of Louis' power not to get snappy with them - his mood changes happening to be one of the symptoms of his - well, what he thinks he has. 

He stayed up all night researching and has officially scared himself to - near - death. He had been so shook up that he ignored three calls from Harry, who he had promised to call when he got home. Louis feels like a terrible person, but he is so afraid to have to explain all this shit to Harry. Harry, who shouldn't have to deal with this at all, but is sticking beside Louis continuously.

"Did you eat breakfast this morning?"

The sudden voice almost made Louis jump out of his skin, but he immediately relaxes when he turns around and sees Harry, who stands in front of him with a pinched expression and upturned lips. Louis knows why he's angry; not because of the missed calls, but the unanswered messages as well, which reminded Louis to get a good night's rest, and, most of all, eat.

"Yeah, mom made me eat bacon and eggs," says Louis weakly, which isn't a lie at all. His mother practically forced him to sit down at the table at the table and eat, which gained him odd looks from his sister and father. "Thank you for reminding me though. I'm sorry I haven't replied, it's just - a lot of stuff has been going on. Family stuff. Me stuff."

"I don't want you pushing me away anymore," whispers Harry to Louis as they start to walk down the hall together, the looks of others going unnoticed. "I'm not an idiot, Louis. I know what's going on, no matter how many times you or your parents neglect it."

"I'm not calling you an idiot."

"Not the point."

"Then what's the point?"

Harry quickly grabs Louis' elbow before he turns the corner and spins him back around so that they're face-to-again, and Louis pays attention to how Harry looks now. He has bags underneath his eyes, and it looks like if Louis says one more argumentative thing, he was going to develop stress lines as well. "I want to help . . . or get you help. Before it gets any worse."

"I can do it myself, please, just let it go." Louis practically begs, his voice cracking. "I'm trying, alright? Can you believe that at least? I don't have a reason to lie about it anymore."

"And you did before?" Louis blinks at the floor. Harry lets go of Louis and looks behind him with pursed lips before sighing out. "Okay. Remember you're coming with me after school. Have a good class. I love you a lot, Louis." 

"I love you more."

And Louis really doesn't want to lose him. Harry's one of the best things he has at the moment, and if he were to decide that Louis just wasn't worth his time . . . it would hurt worse than his stomach did. But Harry wouldn't do that to him; he's just not that type of person to leave when things got hard.

"I passed Harry. He looked sad." Niall says as he walks up to Louis' side, though it comes out in a mumble since he has a half-eaten donut in his mouth. "Told him that you guys couldn't have sex until you were married?"