12

They spent nearly three hours at the museum, so as soon as Louis got inside of Harry's car, he fell asleep; although, before he did, he prayed that he didn't drool all over himself. He didn't sleep for too long, awaking himself from a bad dream without opening his eyes just in case it happened to be real. He's been having frequent dreams of Harry leaving, so when Louis hears his voice, he is filled with relief.

"Jack, I can't come right now, I have to take Louis home." Harry says, and without Louis having to glance over, he assumes the boy is on the phone with his brother. "No, I won't tell him you said hello. Why? Because he's asleep . . . Figure out how to do it yourself."

He hears a loud, "Pleaseee," come from the other end of the phone, and Louis tries not to laugh at Jack's pleading because he can only imagine Harry's pinched expression right now. "Harry, don't be like that."

"And you don't know any other computer geniuses besides myself? None of your friends can help you?" Harry questions, clearly agitated, but even Louis can hear him getting ready to cave in. "You know what? Okay. But if I can't figure it out in two seconds, then I'm leaving. Let me ask Louis first." This time, Louis opens his eyes, looking up at Harry and trying not to appear so all-knowing. "Oh, you were up?"

"Woke up at the sound of my name," says Louis calmly, "what's wrong?"

"Jack needs help with his crappy ass computer, and he has no other friends to help him-" Harry pauses, listening to the sound of his brother on the other line, speaking as if he is hurt. "Yes, I was aware you were still on the phone. That's why I said it."

"Hi, Louis!" Jack shouts as loud as he can, causing Harry to pull the phone away from his ear and mumble insults about his brother under his breath; luckily, Louis can't hear them over more of Jack's greetings. "Can you spare an hour?"

"I mean, if it's important, I can. I'll just tell my parents something came up-"

"Hear that? Okay, bye, see you when we get there." Harry says into the phone, then hurriedly clicks the end call button before Jack could continue talking his head off. Glancing over to see Louis smiling at him, Harry tries to resist the urge, but ends up smiling too. "You really don't have to come with me. I can just drop you off then go to Jack's house. I don't want your parents giving you a hard time."

Waving his hand to dismiss the statement, Louis leans back further in his seat. "It's alright. Jack's house is nearby anyways, right? In and out."

When they get to Jack's house, Harry is the first one to get out of the car, and as Louis shuts the passenger side door behind him, he observes just how badly Harry didn't want to stay for too long. Louis could tell that they didn't have a terrible relationship, but there still seems to be something between them that makes Harry so reluctant to be here.

Brushing it off as a 'brotherly' thing he wouldn't be able to relate to, Louis follows Harry up the familiar stairs leading up to the front door, which opens when Louis looks up. The brothers exchange a somewhat knowing look between another before Harry is pushing past, going straight to the source of the problem. 

"Well, hello." Jack greets with a cunning grin, then holds the door open wider with his hand held out in a come in, come in gesture. "Felt like I haven't seen you in forever. How have you been?"