10

"Does Jack even like me, Harry?" Louis mutters into the phone after he parks his car and grabs the keys. "The last time we spoke, he caught us almost . . . you know. I don't want him to have any bad images of me."

He hears Harry sigh out on the other end, causing Louis to frantically bite on the nail of his index finger as he walks up to the front of Jack's house. "Of course Jack likes you. Maybe a little too much." Harry mumbles the last part, though Louis understands him clearly. "I'm just stuck in the house with my parents today, so I can't get it myself."

"What is it that I'm getting for you?"

"It's a surprise. No opening it either! I have to go, okay? Text me when you're back home and call if something goes wrong." Harry says, then, in pure adoration, "I love you."

With a quickly beating heart, Louis smiles widely and whispers back, "I love you too," before hanging up the phone and shoving it in his back pocket. It always feels like the first time whenever they say 'I love you', though he felt like it was too lame to say out loud.

Louis knocks gently on the front door and stands on the tip of his toes to try and look through the peephole, but it looks scratched off. He hasn't ever been to Jack's house without Harry with him, so he feels nervous. What if - despite what Harry said - Jack makes him wait outside because he doesn't want Louis inside of his house?

After a minute or two of waiting, Louis impatiently knocks on the door again, but he still hears no sounds behind the door. He puts his hand around the doorknob to jiggle it for Jack's attention, but the door ends up opening, thus, allowing Louis inside. At first Louis is hesitant (who the fuck leaves their door unlocked?), but he walks in with his hands stuffed in his pockets.

He locks the door behind him and calls out Jack's name, but gets no response other than a creaking noise from upstairs. Maybe he's sleeping?

If he is, Louis doesn't want to intrude, but he doesn't want to have to wait either, so he sucks in a breath and starts walking up the stairs where the noise is coming from. Each step he takes, the louder the creaking noise gets, and Louis is thinking - well maybe he's a rough sleeper - but the sensible part of his brain is telling him to wait downstairs.

Louis is not always sensible, and so he opens the door to a room without warning.

With a mind filled with exclamation points and question marks, Louis blushes furiously at the scene in front of him. There's a laptop at the edge of the bed facing Jack and the girl (boy? Louis can't just assume) he is pounding into relentlessly, and jeez, they're moving at the speed of light.

When Jack sees Louis, he thrusts into the person one final time with a shit eating grin on his face, though Louis is shutting the door and rushing down the stairs before he is able to hear how vocally the person moans as they climax.  Oh god, thinks Louis as he paces in the living room, I just walked in on Jack having sex.

Conveniently, Harry texts him and asks if everything was okay with getting the gift, in which Louis replies with the peach emoji, when this situation is anything but peachy. Except maybe Jack's butt.

Not that he cares for Jack's butt or anything.

"I'll call you later, Anna. Tell me how well the video does."

Louis turns around abruptly at the voice and holds his hands behind his back. It was the person that Jack was screwing upstairs, though, despite looking thoroughly fucked out, they were acting completely normal. They even gave Louis a small wave before leaving the house.