Chapter 5

I sat in my beat up beetle,crying as I drove to the funeral at St Thomas Church*

Slamming the car's door shut, I cross the gravel road and entered the church. Everyone in there was miserable. Their faces where pale, eyes red and glassy from all the crying.

I was the only person wearing white, which made me feel proud of myself.
As everyone settled down,the priest so stood up and went to the front of the church and spoke.

"we are all gathered here to bid farewell to our beloved Elizabeth Wilson who had dedicated her life to her loved ones,today in honour of Elisabeth, her daughter, Jessica would like to come up and say are last goodbyes.

I stood up and went to the front of the church, walking slowly.
I could hear the murmurs of people.

'She has no respect '

'How dare she wear white in a funeral? '

' She's obviously a rebel '

'I can't look....... OK, maybe I will'

People were staring at me, with eyes wide open as I climbed onto the podium.

I cleared my throat into the microphone to notify people that I was ready to speak.

"I don't have a speech prepared....... " I began.

"So I'll just speak from the heart.  My mother was a phenomenal woman who loved unconditionally and faithfully. I remember when I was just six years old, she said to me 'life is like a battery, that gets charged every time you laugh'.  So ever since then I spent my days smiling, just like she did. She is a great example of a loving and caring mother."

"As you all have probably noticed, I'm wearing white today because I'm not grieving miserably like you all are, but instead I'm celebrating that she is in a better place and at peace. I know for a fact that she would want each and everyone of you embracing her departure with a smile, not with tears"

I turn to my left hand side and looked into moms open coffin, revealing her face. "I love you more than anything on earth mom, rest in peace "

By the time I was finished with my speech, tears came gushing down my face.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
The funeral was over and I made my way to my beetle and drove back home.

As I arrived, I exited the car and walked to the door step, opening the door,
And that's when I saw it............

••••••••••••••••••••
An; hey, So how is the book so far,
.....AND I LEFT A CLIFT HANGER!!!!

Vote
Comment
Share