Chapter 6

Bags....?
What the hell is going on?

"Ah,good thing you're back Jess, you and I are moving to,......."

Did he just say what I heard him say? Oh my word, we're moving.

He continued to talk,

"We're moving to New York City "

"Why? "

"Jess please try to understand, your mom was all I had left here, now that she is gone, I have nothing left. "

"Nice, to know I'm not important to you"

"Oh come on now Jess, you know that's not what I meant. "

"Then what did you mean?"

"Just that......... Ugh, forget it, just please help me get these bags to your aunts car, I'm leaving mine behind. "

In a deadly silence we walked to the car with bags at hand.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

We're now at the airport, waiting for our flight.

Our flight was announced on the intercom and we checked in and sat in our seats in the plane.

"Where are we going to live.... In the streets of New York?"

"No Jess, I have already bought a house there and you have also been registered in a new school. "

"Oh, what's my new school called?"

"It's a surprise"

The flight was long and filled with silence. Neither of us spoke.

A few hours later, we landed in New York, my supposedly new home.

Dad went and got all of our bags while I went to the nearest café to buy some coffee.  And that was when I saw him.

He was standing less than five feet away from me. My eyes automatically scanned his looks, his eyes were hazel with splashes of dark brown around the edges. His lips looked soft yet rough,they were in a light shade of pink.  Those cheekbones of his were so vivid, you could see them standing far away.

And damn was his body hot and muscular!

"Ahem.... "

Someone cleared their throat, I looked up and realised it was boy I was staring at.

"Why don't you just take a picture, it will last you longer " He smirked.

"You see, I would love to ,but my phone just ran out of storage space...."

What the fuck did I just say?
Oh god, I made fool out of myself in front of this se......
No! I didn't just think that.

"Well that's a shame then " he said. His smirk just kept growing.
"Oh well would you look at that" I said as I took my phone pretending to look at the time.

"I guess it's time I go"
With that, I left, feeling my whole face heat up from embarrassment.

This day cannot get any worse.