☯ 1%

Min Yoonah sits there on the cold wooden floor, overwhelmed by the wreckage near her. The stench of wet wood, iron and gunpowder lingers in the air. A hazy sight is created around her by the bashing of doors and the collision between bodies and bullets. She is brought back to reality by a shivering touch of the blood oozing out of bodies and making their way towards her bruised and dry hands. She coughs, getting the dust out of her lungs. She stares at the figures of her adoptive family, lying lifeless on the ground. A sight she never thought she'd see.

Her eyes flicker from one body to the other, her mother, father and two brothers. Their faces blank as they stare into nothingness. Their skin already began to loose color. With shaky hands, she rubs the blood off onto her cloths, staining the off-white shirt and blue jeans. But a slight tint remains on both of her palms. Taunting her in a way.

Thud. Thud. Thud.

Her stomach drops...does a flip and twists and she suddenly feels... eager... eager for—for what? For jumping up in joy for the fact that the people to used to beat her and make her life a living hell are finally dead? Or eager to see the movement of their bodies once again because as much as she hated them, which was a relevant feeling from their side as well, she was still attached to them. Not only by law but by emotion. She tried to find joy in their joy and she found that. But now that joy is gone. Or she's simply eager to know just what's next is going to happen in her life.

"You killed them." she whispers, almost inaudible but they reach his ears. "You killed them all..." Her breath quickens and she slaps her hand over her mouth, not wanting to make a sound. But she fails and small whimpers echo throughout the old fashion and wrecked house.

Park Jimin stops, as he was about to walk out the door, and he turns to look at her. Her hair sticks to her face by the tears dripping down. Dripping down the cuts and bruises which are now turning into an interesting shade of blue and purple. "Why are you crying?" he asks, as if it wasn't obvious enough. But for him, it wasn't that obvious. He wonders why she's crying for the women who constantly taunted her, insulted her, and left her without food for days. He wonders why she's crying for the man who whipped her with his belt tied tightly around his knuckles. He wonders why she was crying over the two twins who saw her as a slave and toy rather than a sister.

Maybe it isn't that obvious...

Yoonah looks across the room at the man. His inky and sleek hair gently sways as the wind out side twirls through the door and against his back. She would say that he looked intimidating not only with the striking features but as well as the silver rifle in his hand and the large, dark skinned man by his side. But due to the default of his hight, she easily overlooks all the factors. She stars at him, then at the rifle, the man beside him, the bodies on the floor and returning back at him. The look she wears... it makes him uneasy. It's something he didn't expect. To him, it felt like she was piercing him with her now steady eyes. He decides to walk up closer thinking that his move will change her state and make her uneasy but to his surprise, not a muscle of hers twitches.

She surprises him again, with the calmness in her voice as she says, "This is not how things are supposed to go..." then moves her bloodshot eyes and looks away.

"They were about to beat you to death." The strength he put into his voice didn't make sense to Yoonah.

Right now, nothing made sense. Why he came here, what her family did to deserve death, how will she live, where will she go, and when will she wake up from this nightmare.

"They we all I had here."

Jimin tenses up. He didn't think this through. All her knew was that—that girl—she had all the wrong done to her. Just like all the wrong done to the younger him. He saw the way she lived, even if it was only for a week, it explained enough.The lashes on her arm, the black-and-blue marks on her face, the scabs over every torn skin and the redness after every smack. He could't just do nothing about it.

"Killing someone isn't the way to solve things. Killing is never the way..."

He grows irritated by her words. "I don't know if you live under a rock or something but killing—it is one way," he says, "a fast and easy way."

"A gruesome and monstrous way." she says, disgusted, knitting her brows together.

"Shouldn't you be thanking me?"

She turns her head to the side in disagreement, sighing as she does so.

"I saved you from this," he points at the stiff bodies, "this so-called family of yours"

There is it again, the placid and cold look in her eyes, staring at him again. How did she have this affect of him? "Good job, you saved me...but now, ill be left in the dark, cold and ugly world...all alone...once more."

Jimin shifts, realizing that he didn't think this though. He wanted to help -to please himself by killing such ruthless people- but made things worse by leaving her family-less and stranded. Like a child lost in the street, helpless and on it's own. Yoonahs body jerks forward with Jimins tight grip on her elbow, hauling her up from the dusty floor and dragging her behind him as he steps over the bodies. It takes all the strength in her body but she holds her ground, yanking him to a stop and trying to get his hand off her. She yells at him, tugs, and claws his hand but nothing works. His hold is tight as ever and she struggles to get free. 

Yoonah's pulled out of her house, kicking her fathers hand in the process, and brought out into the street. She puts all her might in stopping him from doing whatever he's trying to do. The soul of her boots skid against the pavement. Not a sing body is seen in the neighborhood, not a single person she can call out for help.

But what did she expect? This part of the city is the most hollow and lifeless part. It's the most detached part of the city. Anything, but mostly nothing, that happens here stays here, in the shadow of thin clouds. And that's one of the most terrifying fact. The morning sky is a murky blue-gray with the wind rustling the leaves on every three. The wind twirls around Yoonahs hair and into the near by playground. Twisting the marry-go-round then swinging the swings. Such a plain and boring place.

She sees a black van and before she knows it, the back doors of it open and he tosses her inside. Lifting her as if she doesn't even weigh a pound. The last thing she remembers seeing was his face as she looked back before the doors shut,

Click

and she's locked in the darkness.

⫸ ⫸ ⫸

Be gentle, this is the first time I'm writing something like this. Give this story a chance and I will please you.

Vote. Comment. Share. Follow.

✌︎ ayushi sushi スシ