☯ 5%

A/N: I am emotionally wreak and having an existential crisis.

Min Yoonah had been one of those few children who had there childhood taken away from them. Her life wasn't the easiest, actually it wasn't easy at all. At the age of ten, her family had fallen apart when her father realized that he no longer loved his wife and felt other wise for his colleague named Jenny. It didn't take long for their affair to escalate and the divorce papers to get signed. Yoonah's mother had to move out of the four walls she and her children once called home. She always told her kids to never fall in love blindly like she did. "The world is a curl place and you two should walk with your eyes open." She regretted falling for the foreigner with gray eyes dusty blood hair. Their love story was one which could be put into movies or in minds of thirteen year olds, but the ending was not fit for their tale.

Yoonah's mother had rented a small apartment for herself and her two children; ten year old Yoonah and, her older brother, thirteen year old Matthew. While the siblings would be off to school, their mother would work at a near by restaurant as a waitress. Sometimes she would have to work over time, from three in the afternoon till eleven in the night, and by the time she got home, her kid would be off to bed after eating the food she made for them in the morning. Sometimes she would come back the next day or even the day after. Her kids never asked her where she was and what was she doing and she never explained herself. She had been paid just enough to get the school fie, house rent, and grocery bill cleared. Seeing his mother struggle to make a living, young Matthew had skipped his classes and school days to work as a helper in a small convenience store.

Yoonah, at that time, wanted to help by gathering money for her family but her bother didn't allowed her to do so. Matthew knew how important education and school was. And being the loving and caring brother he was, he wanted his littler sister to her the proper education and schooling even though they were in a poor state. He had done almost everything for her. Look after her. Worry for her. Care for her. Love her. Everything their mother couldn't do. He had encouraged her to take extra curriculum classes, not only to get her childish mind off of the cold truth but to fulfill her need to lear how to play the piano. Such a elegant piece of instrument suited Yoonah's character just right.

Yoonah misses her big brother Matthew. Being the last man in the family, he tried so hard to help his mother. When mother would come back home after a long and hard, he would leave her warm tea in the kettle and try his best to relive the stress in her back by washing all the dishes and cleaning the house. But it was never enough. Sadly, all the pressure got to her and trailed her thoughts in deep and dark places. She did all that she could do for her family and wanted the best for them. She wanted to make not a single mistake but she did. And that mistake was the biggest mistake she had ever made. She left her kids.

Matthew had come home after his class to change from his school uniform and into his work uniform. When he opened the door to their apartment, he expected to see what he saw almost everyday. All the lights off to save energy, and all the windows and doors closed trapping the smell of old sheets in their home. But instead, he saw the main table flipped over, chairs fallen down, windows and mirrors broken. As if some burglar had broken into their house. Although, when he checked the safe, nothing was misplaced. He found a dozen of papers scattered around their small living room. They were job applications with DENIED written on it with thick, bold, red letters. Each one of them had DENIED popping out of the page. He knit his brows together as he flipped to the last page. It was different from the rest. It had FIERED stamped on it with capital black letters.

He knew what his mother was going though but he never thought that she would leave him and little Yoonah. It was only then he realized what his mother did, or was going to do, when he heard the open faucet shooting water out in the bathroom. He rushed towards the bathroom. Water leaked out from the bottom of the bathroom door as his feet splashed on the wet floor of the hallway but when he got there, he found the door locked from the inside. He pounded the door with his small fists.