☯ 2%

The ride to wherever could be pleasant... but it wasn't for some reason, too many kilometers passed within an hour. Yoonahs body jerks from one side of the van to the other, hitting her head or shoulder against it's wall. All she wanted right now was to sleep somewhere quite and calm. Where no ruckus or what-so-ever existed, just the silence of the air around her and maybe the hush of the nigh sky. That sounds nice. Perfect actually.

There are no windows in the back of the vehicle leaving her in pitch black. She had screamed at the top of her lungs and had pounded her fists against the doors but nothing happened. She tried calling one of the people she knew but the the structure of the van cut off all networks. The twenty year old lays her head on the metal floor of the van. She's completely detached from the outside world. Just when she was about to give up, her eyes adjust to the darkness to find duffel bag hooked to one corner.

Like most human beings, her instinct tells her to investigate the bag and that's what she does. She unzips it and in front of her are laid tools and weapons and rolled up paper and cash. They're probably stolen, she thinks, or its black money...which is stolen money. With a stolen pocket knife hidden in her right boot and a metal rod with a curved -hooked like- end in her hand, she crawls towards the doors again. But this time, she sticks the hook inside the small slit of the door. With proper calculations, the door will open if she puts enough strength on the other end of the rod. The ride is offaly smooth now...I wonder where we are. The skin above her knickers turn white because of the pressure she puts on the rod. Open! As her claustrophobia starts to kick in and the need to escape grows. Her breath starts to get uneven, making its way in and out too fast, causing her to feel a little light headed.

Thud...Thud...Th-

The doors fly open and relief flows through her. It seems as if she's being taken though a forest. The tall trees pass by and the dirt rises above the ground due to the tiers lifting them up. She jumps out of the van. Her aim was to land on both feet but she stumbles and rolls on the dirt road. Her eyes readjust to the lighting. It's a lot brighter from her neighborhood. A more of a orange-yellow color dances on the sky. How long was I in there? Dusting herself off, she sees that she earned a scrape on her arm from her failed stunt. She hears the skidding of tiers and turns her head towards the sound. The breaks are pulled and the van stops. No. She gets up, one foot after the other, she begins to run as Jimin storms out of the van in a frightening manner.

His assistant rushes by his side. "She's getting away, what should we do?"

Jimin sighs, "Follow her by the car. If you get her get, make sure she can't run away again."

"Okay. I'll—"

"You will not hurt her in any way." Jimin's voice is deep and threatening. The assistant doesn't question nor does he argue. "I'm going by foot. Don't attract any attention. This isn't our part of the city and I'm sure we're trespassing someone we don't want to mess with right now."

His assistant nods and starts the van as Jimin runs a different direction, away from Yoonah, but his plans are still to reach her. His lips press into a thin line before returning to its original and plump form. Why here?, he worries, Why now?

Yoonah's hair soar in the hair as she runs through the forest. She doesn't know where to go but she need to get away from that man. That man who shifted the ground beneath her feet within a few minutes. Her legs give up, feeling like rubber, and she falls to the ground. She breaths heavily as her heads starts to spin again. She was never the athletic one nor was she the one to run. So this sudden exercise of her body made her sick. The roar of the engine startles her and she sees the van, a few yards away, rushing towards her at full speed. Using her brain, she gets off the dirt road and into the thickness of the forest. There was a slope at the side of the road and the smartest thing to do was to go down it. But because of the lack of energy left in her, one step in and she tumbles down the leafy slope. When she reached flat ground again, her hair turned into a birds nest. All twigs and sticks and autumn leaves tangled in knots of her hair. The large man gets out of his van and starts to go down the slop awfully slow. Yoonah gets back up and oh, how she hates this running game.