Distraction

Lately, he's been the only thing that's on my mind.

You sighed as you leaned on the window of the classroom, irritated with yourself.

"What's wrong, [Name]? You look like you're constipated," Michika, your friend, laughed.

Groaning, you answered, "That's Kageyama-kun and I wasn't able to take notes in Biology earlier."

Your friend gasped. "Really? It isn't like you to NOT take notes in Biology class or in any class for that matter."

You sighed heavily and further leaned over the window; a little push and you'd be falling from the second floor. Well, you didn't mind considering the fact that you didn't take notes for Biology class and Midterm exams was just right around the corner.

"You know you're already having a hard time on that class and yet you didn't take notes?"

Glaring, you turned to the tall blonde with the annoyingly smug face. "I was a little dazed earlier in class…" you grumbled.

Tsukishima leaned a little closer. "What was that? Were you thinking about me so much that you forgot to take those notes?"

Horrified at the truth in his words, you turned away from him. "Ugh! Forget about walking home together today!" You exclaimed, annoyed at how he was teasing you when he was the reason you were suffering in the first place.

His brows furrowed as a frown formed on his lips. "What? Why?"

"I'm staying behind to study," you simply answered and turned to Michika and asked for her notes before walking away from the beanpole, leaving him to glare at your back.

The bell rang, signaling the end of classes for the day and as students walked out of the classroom, you stayed on your seat. You were taking out books and notes to go over the materials of the day when you noticed someone take the seat in front of you.

Looking up, you watched as Tsukishima place his bag on the desk in front of him.

"What are you doing here? Don't you have volleyball practice or something?" You asked, genuinely confused.

He set his headphones over his ears before answering. "Coach doesn't let us practice when it's the week before exams. I'm gonna wait for you until you finish."

You tried to suppress a smile but your eyes were already twinkling. His current actions certainly made up for the teasing he did earlier. Contented, you resumed on going over your notes.

You were on the middle of reading a passage on Japanese Literature when you once again noticed something. "Kei," you started, eyes still on the text in front of you.

"Hm?"

Finally moving your gaze upward, you found yourself staring at golden orbs only a few centimeters. "Aren't you a little too close?"

He didn't reply right away and instead gave you a chance to observe the emotions in his eyes for a little longer. He seemed a little daze and you figured that was probably the reason why he was taking a little longer to answer your question and explain his behavior.

Then he spoke.

"I want to do it."

Your eyes widened and you felt your heart pick up a pace. His voice was low but it was enough for you to hear, although you didn't exactly understand what he meant. Then your eyes searched his and found he was staring at your lips.

Apparently, he wasn't waiting for a response from you as he leaned closer and finally captured your lips with his. You closed your eyes as his mouth moved against yours. The kiss was chaste, gentle and it didn't even bother you in the slightest that it's distracting you from your studying.

Tsukishima broke away and smirked.

You huffed, a little disappointed it ended too quickly. "What did you do that for?"

He leaned against the back of his chair, keeping his eyes on you. He shrugged when he spoke. "I dunno. You were so cute getting all serious about studying that I couldn't help myself."

Although you couldn't shake off the fact that he just called you cute, you also couldn't ingore his teasing. Your eyes turned to slits as you glared at him, furious at the fact that he was too smart to worry about his grades and instead do whatever he wants like kissing you out of the blue and sending your whole system into haywire whenever he wanted.

Deciding to ignore him, you turned your attention back to your notes and tuned him out from your senses. But of course, the beanpole didn't want any of that.

"Come on, [Name]. It's getting late."

You looked up at him with a blank stare. "I'm not finished. You can go ahead."

With his ridiculous height further intimdating you as he towered over you, Tsukishima's eyes glared. He spoke your name as if threatening you and you continued to stare at him, unblinking, as you refused to lose.

Then he sighed as he closed his eyes and you felt relieved he finally gave up. You weren't really good at staring contests, anyway.

You expected him to say goodbye or something but when he held his hand out to you, you looked simply looked at it, confusion etched on your face.

"What are you doing?"

"Come on, I'll help study you at my house."

You were silent after that and Tsukishima raised his eyebrow at your silence.

"I don't trust you. You're just going to use my body for your own pleasure."

He rolled his eyes at your drama and started gathering your stuff and putting them in your bag.

"Hey! I didn't say yes!"

"Do you want to pass the exam or not?" You shut your mouth at his question. Of course, you did! Why else would you be struggling so hard for?

He smirked at your silence, a clear 'I thought so' written all over his smug face. "Come with me if you want to live," he said as he picked up your bag and walked out of the room. It was your turn to roll your eyes at his pun and admitting defeat, followed him.

The following week, you were able to pass your exam. You also weren't able to deny Tsukishima when he said he had the right to 'use your body for his own pleasure'.