Ctrl + S

Almost done, you thought as you typed another set of words on your laptop before glancing around you.

You were at the public library finishing your lab report that was due tomorrow. They weren't that many people at the moment and you checked the time only to realize you've been doing your report for three hours straight. Pushing the buttons to save your work, you hadn't noticed the sudden flicker of the lights and in an instant the laptop before you switched off.

Utterly horrified, you only gaped at it. Your laptop, being an old model, had its terminal illness: the battery no longer worked. As long as it was not plugged, it will not turn on - much like how a desktop computer would. You were painfully aware of its illness so you turned abruptly and checked if it was accidently plugged out by someone.

It wasn't. You soon found out that the electricity fluctuated resulting to a temporary loss of power and you could only cry silently at your fate.

You really cried silent tears, though.

It was frustrating how you always forgot to save the things you worked on for long periods of time, only for it to go to waste when accidents happen.

Tears were still dripping down your cheeks as you waited for your laptop to boot up.

"[Last Name]."

Surprised, your tear-stained face looked up and presented itself to someone who you never thought you would meet on a Sunday afternoon.

Tsukishima Kei took in your appearance and his brows furrowed. "Why are you crying?" His tone sounded more irritated than concerned.

Tsukishima Kei was one of your classmates and he wasn't exactly the best one. He was smart and cool but was also arrogant and rude. There had been times when you were paired together for projects or assignments that you were able to experience his teasing and rudeness firsthand.

But he never got out of line with you. He teased but kept it to a minimum, unlike how he usually was with his first-year teammates in the volleyball club. Through those projects or assignments, you got to know each other better. He can be rude and strict when it came to work but would finish his share of it earlier to help you with yours. When he would ask for help on a subject, he wasn't rude (but he wasn't exactly nice either). When you would ask for help, he'd tease right away but would ultimately help you improve greatly on it.

You didn't have a lot of male friends so it wasn't exactly hard to crush on him. Tsukishima was undoubtedly handsome and his height attracted you more than it should.

You had to keep your feelings in control, though. You considered the blonde as your friend but you weren't sure if he thought the same way. After all, the only times the two of you had decent conversations were during those school projects (and maybe the occasional 'hi/hellos' and teasing along the hallways but you didn't want to get your hopes up too much).

After hearing your explanation, Tsukishima only tsked then flopped down on the seat beside yours. He set his bag on the table and pulled the laptop closer to him. "Idiot. Have you been living under a rock?"

You pouted but didn't say anything as you watched him work on your laptop without difficulty. In a matter of seconds, the work that you weren't able to save before your device turned off popped open. You scooted closer to the blonde to see better. It really was your lab report.

Eyes wide and twinkling, you grinned widely at the boy beside you. "How did you do that?"

Tsukishima backed up a little. He looked away when he realized just how close your face was to his. It flustered him but you were too happy about retrieving your document to notice. "The program has an autosave feature. But it might have missed the last few lines depending on the settings."

"Ah, you're right!" You immediately worked on the last paragraph that was missing. "Oh, wow! You really saved my butt this time, Tsukishima! I could just kiss you right now!" You joked with a laugh.

"You're very welcome to do it."

Tsukishima figured he messed up when you the grin on your lips went away and your fingers stopped working on the keyboard.

Ah, he was the bigger idiot.

To prevent himself from further embarrassment, he bid goodbye and grabbed his bag to stand up and leave.

But before he could even reach out for his bag, you grabbed the collars of his hoodie and pulled him closer, pressing your lips against his softly.

Tsukishima wasn't able to react for you were already pulling away with a flush on your cheeks.

You were surprised at what he said earlier. But you figured you weren't going to have another opportunity like it so you had grabbed him before he could make his leave.

Too embarrassed to look at him, you quickly turned your gaze back to the screen of your laptop.

A beat then you spoke.

"Will you, uh, wait for me to finish?" you asked, gaze fixed on the blinking cursor on the document.

You glanced at him when you heard a him let out a sigh. Tsukishima leaned back on his chair with his eyes closed and his arms crossed over his chest. You chuckled at the sight of the tips of his ears reddening.

"Hurry it up," he said and you've never been more quick to save the document you were working on.